Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years so far, and I would be retiring if it weren't for stop loss and those meddling kids.....
    Tanks, Fender Strats and Texas BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by Tankguy View Post
      20 years so far, and I would be retiring if it weren't for stop loss and those meddling kids.....
      The only thing worse than STOP/LOSS to keep the numbers up is a draft. INCENTIVES, man - that's the best way to go. It's only marginally more expensive than the other programs that we're using, and that prove only just so-so effective.

Pay the guys bonuses, give 'em base-of-preference, send 'em to skool, WHATEVAH, but this blunt force technique is BULLSH!T, man.

ANYhoo, sorry for the rant; I hope you get your 'go' ticket punched as soon as you want it.

Comment

I can retire after an OIF rotation. It will give me some time to find gainful civilian employment. Have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up....

Comment

I can retire after an OIF rotation. It will give me some time to find gainful civilian employment. Have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up....
          We grow old but I don't think we ever grow up! I work at a High School and feel younger than I ever did before.
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
          sigpic

Comment

Been in for almost three years.......AME. I was an old guy at boot in Cartier.........20 years old. Hard to keep up with a bunch of 17 year olds in great shape, but made it.........feel really old at 24.....lol

Comment

I think the military life is akin to dog years. Not quite 7 to 1 but maybe 2.5 or 3 to one. I am in my late 30s but my body feels 45-60.

Comment

I think the military life is akin to dog years. Not quite 7 to 1 but maybe 2.5 or 3 to one. I am in my late 30s but my body feels 45-60.
                Yeah....It's your hands and eyes that start to show first.

Comment

Originally posted by BMF12 View Post
                  Yeah....It's your hands and eyes that start to show first.
                  No it's not..try a little lower

Yes, thats right, it's your knees:)

Comment

Originally posted by BMF12 View Post
                    Been in for almost three years.......AME. I was an old guy at boot in Cartier.........20 years old. Hard to keep up with a bunch of 17 year olds in great shape, but made it.........feel really old at 24.....lol
                    Old guy? Twenty? Try it when you're 35! Now that I'm almost fifty I try to be a little more dignified.;)
                    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                      Old guy? Twenty? Try it when you're 35! Now that I'm almost fifty I try to be a little more dignified.;)
                      Been there,done that,and now that I'm turning 53 being dignified goes along with the amount of body movement present after I cease to move. Just tried on my old combats a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a long time.........very bad for morale.

Comment

I went active duty in the USN on July 29, 1975 and retired on July 31, 1995. I spent my time in Patrol Squadrons as a Flight Engineer in the P3 Orions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fltengineer View Post
                          I went active duty in the USN on July 29, 1975 and retired on July 31, 1995. I spent my time in Patrol Squadrons as a Flight Engineer in the P3 Orions.
                          Ever serve with 'Lovin' Eleven VP-11 with their EP-3s? They used to visit here.
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

No I was never in Eleven. I was in VP-31, VP-24, VP-45 and twice in VP-30.

Comment

Enlisted on 29 May, 1981 and retired on 30 June 2001.
                              All of it in the Infantry.
                              I spent some time at Brigade HQ, Regimental HQ and Division HQ, which totaled about four years of the 20, but was always a grunt.

Comment

Hey folks.

Currently serving in the Royal Air Force as an Air Trafficker, although i'm in the process of applying for my commission. Been in for 4 years, and enjoying it. Nice to see so many current and ex-serving personnel getting along so well ;)
                                Always read the small print

Comment

Working...
                                X