This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
    We can but imagine what they taught you during basic, sir.

LMAO on that one!!!

Comment

• 21 years in now, I start terminal leave one week from tomorrow. It will be 22 before the actual retirement date hits. Cannot wait. I am ready to be done.
      Tanks, Fender Strats and Texas BBQ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tankguy View Post
        21 years in now, I start terminal leave one week from tomorrow. It will be 22 before the actual retirement date hits. Cannot wait. I am ready to be done.
        I felt the same way after 2 years.:) Sooner or later you'll start looking back on it with nostalgia, and you'll remember more about it later than you do now. Thanks for your service.
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• I miss it already. You never really get tanking out of your blood. I am just ready to move on to the next step.

I figure if the melancholy gets too thick, I will buy a car with a sunroof and have Mrs. Tank follow another car down a dirt road for a bit... :)
          Tanks, Fender Strats and Texas BBQ!

Comment

I miss it already. You never really get tanking out of your blood. I am just ready to move on to the next step.

I figure if the melancholy gets too thick, I will buy a car with a sunroof and have Mrs. Tank follow another car down a dirt road for a bit... :)
            lol...that'll bring back the old memories for sure.:))

Comment

I miss it already. You never really get tanking out of your blood. I am just ready to move on to the next step.

I still miss my Tanks. If I saw one today driving down the road, I would still stop and stare, unfortunately no Tanks in this Country.

Comment

• 72 to 85, Managed to get in front of too many pieces of flying metal and had to leave the USAF at their request.
                Si Uis Pacem Para Bellum
                Pax Per Potens

Comment

So what's the next step? You could go buy yourself an old Sherman or something, fix it up and go have some fun!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                    So what's the next step? You could go buy yourself an old Sherman or something, fix it up and go have some fun!:)
                    When I lived in Norfolk(Uk) back in 1980s, a local school teacher bought a Bren Gun carrier and used it for work!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post
                      When I lived in Norfolk(Uk) back in 1980s, a local school teacher bought a Bren Gun carrier and used it for work!
                      I'm dying to know how exactly does a school teacher use a Bren Gun carrier for work. I could see it being used for teachers in crime ridden inner cities, but was that the case here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                        I'm dying to know how exactly does a school teacher use a Bren Gun carrier for work. I could see it being used for teachers in crime ridden inner cities, but was that the case here.
                        I do not really know, but one thing is for sure, the pupils could not let down or slash his tyres!:)

Comment

• I did run across a Stewart several years back. It had the main gun and it was complete except for the 50s and some one thought they would cut the mantlet off with a cutting torch. A little welding and a lot of scraping to remove the caterpillar yellow paint and repainting and it would have been a nice piece. It ran really good and the guy let me drive it around the parking lot but the wife pitched a fit. That is why she is my X wife. I went back a week later and it was gone.

I do have 4 Model As that are going together and I have dug up a good pile of models to put together so I stay busy enough. Not to say that if anyone had a Sherman or something in the pzkw 3 or 4 family that they would like to donate, I might consider it.
                          Si Uis Pacem Para Bellum
                          Pax Per Potens

Comment

• I bid on an armored 4x4 something at an auction once. Thing ran good and seemed like it would be a blast. No guns on it but it did have a turret with an MG mount. Finally went for $50,000, They're getting cheaper now. Looked like this...........

Comment

• Man, That looks like fun. You can just imagine the look on all the cellphone/soccer moms faces when they see that coming.
                              Si Uis Pacem Para Bellum
                              Pax Per Potens

Comment

• I would like to own a 'Ferret Scout Car', now they were a blast.

Comment

Working...
                                X