This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluesman
    Hm. I have the vaguest memory of a LT Jones. Trying to dredge up a recollection...
    GOT HIM!!! I remember him now.

I didn't work with him much, but I remember I liked him. I remember I liked him more than my own Watch Officer (a loud-mouthed NSA civilian).

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
      NO!!!! I missed all of this!
      That stinks.
      You're too young to be in a beer hall.

Comment

GOT HIM!!! I remember him now.

I didn't work with him much, but I remember I liked him. I remember I liked him more than my own Watch Officer (a loud-mouthed NSA civilian).
        I don't know if you ever met his wife, they married Thanksgiving weekend '99, probably after you PCSed, but they're in Geneva now. It's always good to have friends that stayed in Europe - free room and board for vacations.
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by shek
          I don't know if you ever met his wife, they married Thanksgiving weekend '99, probably after you PCSed, but they're in Geneva now. It's always good to have friends that stayed in Europe - free room and board for vacations.
          Best thang about 'Army buddies': almost anywhere I go in the world, I know somebody there. Greatest 'network' in the world, and unless you have a lot of enemies, you can just about count on hospitality wherever you are.

Never met Mrs. Jones. I left September '99 , but everybody was so tight-knit there, I bet I would've been at their wedding if we'd still been around. Right across the street from the gate was a beautiful old gasthaus (with an incredibly talented cook), and I went to the greatest party I've ever been to there for a soldier that married a lovely, sweet local Bavarian farm girl. Wedding was in the base chapel; reception at the gasthaus...

I thought I was going to have to go to rehab after the traditional three-day-long party, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
            You're too young to be in a beer hall.
            Not in Germany he ain't.
            He'd fit right in
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I thought I was going to have to go to rehab after the traditional three-day-long party, though.
              AF could never hold their liquor.

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                That wasn't a German, that was me. I wasn't asking for a mark, I was saying 'that's mah seat' and I always dance/walk like that due to an old injury. (shame on you for stealing a cripples seat). The song by the way was "I'm A Believer" by the Monkees. Oh and thanks for the money
                LOL no problem!
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                  Not in Germany he ain't.
                  He'd fit right in
                  Woohoo; can't wait till I go there....
                  My tastebuds are ready for some bite...

Comment

Working...
                  X