Hey Sniper!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Battle Dress Uniform Patrol Cap, with Earflaps:

It has the function of keeping the head (and the ears, when flap is folded down) warm in the winter;

keeping the rain and sun out of one's eyes;

it can be properly aligned on the head with a single free hand;

the tropical version (with air vents, instead of the flap used on the heavier temperate version) keeps the head covered from the sun, and is cooler than being bareheaded, and is MUCH cooler than having a piece of black felt directly on top of your head;

shows rank insignia clearly from a distance;

is intuitively easy to wear CORRECTLY;

is not needed as secondary headgear, if it is the PRIMARY headgear, and is suitable for all activities in the Battle Dress Uniform;

and it's made in the USA!

There was a special place for the beret to mark special units, but Sniper is right: it's not special if every single recruit gets his for nothing more than joining up.
    Last edited by Bluesman; 15 Dec 06,, 18:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
      is not needed as secondary headgear, if it is the PRIMARY headgear, and is suitable for all activities in the Battle Dress Uniform;
      Exactly. The soft cap it a battle dress cap and the beret in not. We have the soft cap/jungle cap or hat as our combat dress head dress.
      There was a special place for the beret to mark special units, but Sniper is right: it's not special if every single recruit gets his for nothing more than joining up.
      In our case (the IA) we changed over from the Peak cap (like what these gents are wearing) to the beret.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

The most lame hat is the wedge. You know that gay triangle one. I had to wear one when I was in Air Cadets and they really look stupid. Oh that and the line chef one they used to have or still do? In the states.
        Originally posted by GVChamp
        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

" 3. Doesn't keep the ears warm in the winter.

Which other cap does that?..apart from the balacalava."

You can see me wearing the cap with the flaps down in the below pic. Believe me, in cold weather, they were worth their weight in gold. :)

Comment

A cap I particularly like in wintertime is the Russian fur cap, known as the ushanka. They are very, very warm, even though they look quite funny on me.
            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              " 3. Doesn't keep the ears warm in the winter.

Which other cap does that?..apart from the balacalava."

You can see me wearing the cap with the flaps down in the below pic. Believe me, in cold weather, they were worth their weight in gold. :)
              Well shut my mouth....is that an M16A1 that I see you carrying?
              When did the A2 debut?
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

1985 initially, but it took many years to get it to all units army wide.

At my permanent party unit we got ours in late 88, so my first year at my unit i had an M-16A1(and later an M-16A1/M203). By the time my unit got A2s i was already B4 qualed, so i had an M-21 by then.

Who can guess what the knob by my right ear is attatched too?

Comment

but it took many years to get it to all units army wide.
                  Yeah, that's what I pretty much figured. :)

Who can guess what the knob by my right ear is attatched too?
                  Not a clue...
                  A traversing knob for a turret? A room service call button?
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Knowing sniper, I'd say that knob opens up the tap to a keg of "WOOP-ASS", but I am only guessing.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X