A good cheap pistol carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
    Assuming that you mean a pistol-caliber carbine, I really enjoy my beretta storm in 9mm. Cheap to shoot and quite accurate. I put a cheap red dot sight on top co-witnessed with the iron sights and i can hit center mass all day at 100 yards. Yes, I know bullet effect at that range wouldn't be much, but its a blast to shoot. Not really "cheap" at $600. though.
    Yea..It looks like a nice gun, just kinda expensive

Comment

Of course, the ultimate is probably the MP5 or one of its clones, but they're surprisingly expensive. I would've gotten one by now if they weren't.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

How about a Hi-Point 9mm carbine, can’t get much cheaper than <$200.

Calico 9mm & .22 cal. The original sci-fi gun.
        AK-Dave

Those who trade liberty for security have none.

Comment

I've heard that the high points are decent guns for what they are. If you're just looking for a plinker, go for it. I don't think I'd bet my life on one though.
          Rule 303

Comment

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
            I've heard that the high points are decent guns for what they are. If you're just looking for a plinker, go for it. I don't think I'd bet my life on one though.
            I've heard many good things about them, but really all I hear about is "great bang for the buck." I have no idea how it compares to other pistols or carbines.

Comment

You know, why do you even want a carbine? Just get a Ruger mini-14, or a .22 rifle if you want to target shoot. 9mm won't work very well more than 150 yards, and military surplus .223s can be cheaper than 9mm, and of course, .22s are just plain fun to shoot. And cheaper than dirt. Even paintball.

Comment

HK MP-5 .. hands down!

U can get a clone from Bobcat, or other outfit for much less.

Good 100 yd rifle ! Shoots cheap CCI Blazer 115 grain 9mm FMJ! $3.79 a box of 50 rds! can;t beat that!

DaveC

Comment

Umm, he said "cheap" pistol carbine;
                  $.075 per round isn't that cheap compared the cheap .22 ammo:.01818.
                  But, I'm sure it's still fun to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                    Umm, he said "cheap" pistol carbine;
                    $.075 per round isn't that cheap compared the cheap .22 ammo:.01818.
                    But, I'm sure it's still fun to shoot.
                    dude!

a 9mm SMG or carbine compared to a .22 LR are 2 different category, just like comparing 9mm SMG to .223, 7.62x39mm!

If you want cheap! and still gets a rifle cartridge! go with an AK clone ! a rommaniun SAR1 or Russian Saiga can be had for about $300! rilfe cliber with goo d accuracy and good engagement distance. Ammo is relatively cheap .. about $80 to $90 per 1000 rds

DaveC

Comment

$300?!?!?!?
                      Where??? Holy crap; next year, I'm gettin' one!
                      Dude.......

Comment

I own an SAR-1. Best assault rifle I have, in my opinion.
                        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

U can get it in most gunshows! usualy a little more.

Here is a distrbutor I always work with! they have the SAR2 which is a AK74 in 5.45x39mm

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/R...AK_Rifles.html

good caliber to work with , better accuracy than the 7.62x39mm and much easier to handle. Also! the 5.45 ammo isquite accurate at 300 to 400 yds!

Dave C

Comment

Dude...
                            I can't wait until next year when I get some money (I'm 14; have no job)...

Comment

Working...
                            X