No announcement yet.

Zombie Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"When they were first imported I could have bought a new one for $1100. Now I kick myself for not doing it. Since the ban, they have skyrocketed. Pre-ban used guns are $6,000 and up for the semi-auto. I've seen NIB ones listed for as much as $13,000. Around $7,200 is average for a used one."

The prices have gone down quite a lot since the expiration of the ban.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      The prices have gone down quite a lot since the expiration of the ban.
      I've seen "legal" 550's (made with custom aftermarket American parts) advertised for ~$4000, but availability is virtually non-existant, and you are still stuck with 5 round mags unless you can find some pre-ban mags (~$85 each). As an import, an original 550 still falls under that ban. It would be nice if Sigarms would license them for US production.
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
        I've seen "legal" 550's (made with custom aftermarket American parts) advertised for ~$4000, but availability is virtually non-existant, and you are still stuck with 5 round mags unless you can find some pre-ban mags (~$85 each). As an import, an original 550 still falls under that ban. It would be nice if Sigarms would license them for US production.
        would it be legal if i bought some 20 or 30 round-mags over here and send them by mail (or FedEx or UPS)? I sorta doubt it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ricola-Ranger
          would it be legal ...I sorta doubt it...
          It would be a definite no-no. ;)
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I think Ill just stay with civvie guns for now...

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
              It would be a definite no-no. ;)
              and if i sent hull, springs, spring-top and spring bottom seperatly? ;)

Comment

Lol, you'd probably get away with it, but it would still be illegal to own the parts (even unassembled) here in the US, since they weren't already here in 1989.

The laws are screwy, the legal 550's use original upper and lower recievers and barrels, but the trigger, sear, hammer, pistol grip, and firing pin are US made. There's a list, but it boils down to something like 5 major components have to be made in the US. You can pick and choose which 5 from the list.

It's legal to manufacture the mags in the US, just not to import them. And Sig only offers the 550 to LE and Mil users. If they were to "Americanize" the guns by manufacturing the required minimum of parts in the US, they would have a good market, it's an excellent gun.

Comment

On the subject of Zombies. heres a bit of news
                  http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-13762,00.html

Comment

I was using the basic Romero zombie for a model. They can apparently climb ladders, albeit slowly and clumsily (Dawn of the Dead ). Looking at the previews for Land of the Dead , it appears that they are learning to use firearms. If you use the Return of the Living Dead zombie model, they move fast and can think well enough to get on the police radio and call for more cops to feed on. I prefer the slow ones
                    Lead of the Dead sucked... lets not use those rules... pretty shocking that a zombie can pick up an AUG-A1 and put enough pressure on the trigger to fire and not seem to run out of bullets... awful movie... save your money...

Night of the living dead rules... I'll take a small caliber rifle which works and has fancy sights (M-4, SAR-21, M-16, AK-101/AK-104)... pistols in 9mm... and an M-203... and a non Pindad grenade to kill myself if I mess up...
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Grenade?

Dag, no one said anything about access to military hardware. :)

Comment

You are not stockpiling already?

I figure if you are planning a flamethrower...

Just have to make sure you don't buy one from a Javanese arms trafficer as it will probably be a dud...
                        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung

Just have to make sure you don't buy one from a Javanese arms trafficer as it will probably be a dud...

And don't use the fuse off a smoke grenade in a frag body. No delay.....Some rednecks have found that out the hard way. As soon as the spoon goes...boom.
                          Rule 303

Comment

Oh good that just sounds painful... and so stupid at the same time...

Maybe if they got close and I wanted to lose the old head and all...

Comment

Originally posted by troung

LOL. Just use a tennis ball, match heads, and some bbs............

Comment

My choice would be the 44. magnum withy at least 500 rounds

Comment

Working...
                                X