Mark 14 Mod 0. This is cool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark 14 Mod 0. This is cool!

SOCOM is rebuilding M14s into this configuration for CQB until the SCAR heavy comes out. Designation is naval, so I'm guessing it came from the SEALs. Pretty friggin cool, though accuracy is only about 2.5 MOA with the short barrel. Fulton Armory is building semiauto versions for a mere three grand. I might have to start saving my pennies...
    Attached Files
    Rule 303

That looks pretty sweet. Nice concept. Now what's the accuracy for that gun in the picture?

Comment

The review i read is for the Fulton Armory gun, not the GI one. They got 2.1-2.5 inch groups at 100 yards with three different brands of ammo. Fine for a battle rifle, but for the money one could get a match conditioned M14 or M1A that will shoot much better. For the "sexy looking" factor it clearly wins though.
      Rule 303

Comment

LOL, the specops 'new toy of the month'.

SpecOps teams must have HUGE friggin' armories and dozens of armorers to support the myriad variants of small arms they have...

Comment

I would love to be able to access one of those armories; I wonder if they have the G11, or the Steyr IWS-2000...

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            LOL, the specops 'new toy of the month'.

SpecOps teams must have HUGE friggin' armories and dozens of armorers to support the myriad variants of small arms they have...

Its still cool that they are continuing to use the M14. Its still an outstanding weapon. BTW you can get a standard length 22" barrel on the Fulton gun.

SOCOM is in right now, so I guess they've got the budget. Its really just shortening the barrel and fitting the aftermarket stock, so I don't guess its much of a challenge for an armorer.
            Rule 303

Comment

Ill take one, make that 3 or 4 of those. Nice to have some extras to make configurations and add ons.

Comment

If I only had all that money...
                $12,000: A car, or 4 guns?

I'd take the guns.

Comment

Working...
                X