• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M82A1 and AR50 Videos

Here are some videos of the M-82A1 and AR-50 firing:
    http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/50calt1.rm
    Marine Corps terminal effects instruction video on the M-82A1
    http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/...m82_sickler.rm
    M82A1 firing 6 shots in succession, damn that thing looks like it kicks pretty hard, but I'd be more afraid of that muzzle blast though.
    http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/video/ar50.rm
    Man, look at that muzzle blast! Wouldn't want to be standing beside it!

I wonder how my M-99 is gonna fire.

The noise level and muzzle blast of the M-82 is indeed most impressive.

Comment

Very impressive indeed. But a camera can't capture the true sound from any of the guns. And shooting the thing yourself is even better...

Comment

Nope, a camera will never reproduce the concussion in your chest, or the BOOM in your ears(even with hearing protection).

If you think that's impressive, you should try AG'ing a 4.2" mortar sometimes. LOL....those fucckers are REALLY loud.

Comment

So that's why the mortar squads cover their ears when they fire-off the mortars... how effective are they these days?

And they tried "the brown noise" in mythbusters; they took several HUGE speakers (like the ones used in stadiums) and surrounded the guy, while producing sound more than 150 db at 6-32 Hz. He could barely talk, because the speaker were constantly puching and pulling the air in and out of his lungs. When he did, he had that darth-vader effect (like when you talk through a fan)
          Last edited by sniperdude411; 11 Apr 05,, 04:01.

Comment

Mortars are extremely effective.

Comment

I want an mortar

Comment

You'd need about six weeks of training to use it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Metak
                  I want an mortar
                  You stole my line. And it's "Now I want one!"

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                    Nope, a camera will never reproduce the concussion in your chest, or the BOOM in your ears(even with hearing protection).

If you think that's impressive, you should try AG'ing a 4.2" mortar sometimes. LOL....those fucckers are REALLY loud.
                    Wonder what that really loud JDAMM video sounded like in person.. ;)

Comment

Ouch...
                      That's gotta hurt. So does that one apache video from vampirebat.com I wouldn't want to get in the way of one of those.
                      But it's gun is still a pop-gun compared to the GAU-8

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                        Ouch...
                        That's gotta hurt. So does that one apache video from vampirebat.com I wouldn't want to get in the way of one of those.
                        But it's gun is still a pop-gun compared to the GAU-8
                        That thing is so powerful it actually slows the A10 firing it down.

Comment

Woah. So much that it'll slow down a 30,000lb. plane.
                          That's crazy. But fun and destructive:)

Comment

OK M21, you giving me flashbacks.

I was a 11C mortar maggot many, many years ago. 4.2" (107mm) M-106 mortar carrier. The guys with the M-125 (81mm) would be finishing up went we pulled up to the range and think they were hot stuff. We would try to get rounds down range before they cleared the AO, just to kinda knocked them down a notch. The new M-1064's with the 120mm must be fun.

One trip back to Benning we had a short round from gun 2, we all heard the off noise as it fired, looked at each other and ducked. It barely made it 60M out!! WP always scared me, all was Vietnam repack, pull the safety clip and hope it wasn't beat around too much before you saw it. Woes the poor slob who got a hang fire. Everybody but the gunner runs and he gets to kick the tube a couple times. Then having to tip the tube to get the round out!!
                            AK-Dave

Those who trade liberty for security have none.

Comment

Yeah, i spent some time in a 4.2" plt myself as a SL. I never had a hangfire though. Guess i'm just lucky. :)

I did have to scald a new private from Indiana for trying to eat one of the cheese charges though(yeah, i'm serious). LOL, what is it with people from Indiana that makes them all so universally dim?

Hehehhe.

Comment

Working...
                              X