No announcement yet.

Buying guns online from private parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke to the current owner on phone today, apparently he bought it used but has put around 100 rnds through the pipe. He claims its a tac driver in SA. Hope to get it by next week. If all goes well, I will have three babies t play with :hug:

After that, my next one should either a Browning HP or a Mossberg 590.

What am I saying, the next one will be 1 year of groceries and gas :insane:
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
      What am I saying, the next one will be 1 year of groceries and gas :insane:
      Oh horse puckey! The next one is eight friday nights out to a fancy restaurant, 4 weeks of foot massages, 6 weeks of cold logic, and 18 weeks of begging.

Comment

What you forgot to tell him is that all these just add up one to another, he can't count friday night as a part of a week of foot massages.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

He'll figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Oh horse puckey! The next one is eight friday nights out to a fancy restaurant, 4 weeks of foot massages, 6 weeks of cold logic, and 18 weeks of begging.
            Fine, but after the penance I still have the gun ;)
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
              Fine, but after the penance I still have the gun ;)
              Just remember to buy that dozen roses before you buy the box of shells. And you can do golf or shooting - not both.

Comment

I know I'm a bit late to the thread. I have bought 2 (that I remember) pistols from private parties in another state.

We are all members of the Sigforum. A regular member of a board is very important to establish credibility. One who has a prior record of sales is even better. Before anyone goes off half-cocked about internet gun sales loop hole blah blah blah...let me post the exact steps.

I'm in Kommieland, all pistols are registered. All pistol transactions have to go through FFL01 for us peons.

1. Work out the details with seller (price, shipping cost, shipping method)
                2. Find a local FFL01 who is willing to receive the gun and do the transaction (all interstate gun sales need to go through FFL, NO EXCEPTIONS)
                3. Pay the seller so he will ship the gun
                4. Go to local FFL to pick it up.

I have bought an unfired Sig P228 date code KE from a guy in Georgia. Turns out he was from California, not too far from me.

I have also bought a near perfect Sig P226 date code JF from a guy in Kentucky.

Smooth transaction all around and I am very grateful to have found these 2 examples of mint and near mint Sigs.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  I know I'm a bit late to the thread. I have bought 2 (that I remember) pistols from private parties in another state.

We are all members of the Sigforum. A regular member of a board is very important to establish credibility. One who has a prior record of sales is even better. Before anyone goes off half-cocked about internet gun sales loop hole blah blah blah...let me post the exact steps.

I'm in Kommieland, all pistols are registered. All pistol transactions have to go through FFL01 for us peons.

1. Work out the details with seller (price, shipping cost, shipping method)
                  2. Find a local FFL01 who is willing to receive the gun and do the transaction (all interstate gun sales need to go through FFL, NO EXCEPTIONS)
                  3. Pay the seller so he will ship the gun
                  4. Go to local FFL to pick it up.

I have bought an unfired Sig P228 date code KE from a guy in Georgia. Turns out he was from California, not too far from me.

I have also bought a near perfect Sig P226 date code JF from a guy in Kentucky.

Smooth transaction all around and I am very grateful to have found these 2 examples of mint and near mint Sigs.
                  I have done online transfers before, but not from a private party, for a used gun.

Comment

Finally got it in hand, after filling in the paperwork last week.

I had checked it out based on this thread : Revolver Checkout Procedure

As far as I can see, apart from some minor nicks and marks on the exterior, she has a very tight lockup, a decent cylinder to barrel fit and perfect timing. Dry firing using dummy rounds puts the mark mark dot on the center.

Here she is :
                    Attached Files

Comment

You suck...

I haven't bought a gun since last year.

Bought a car. Damn thing is a bigger money pit than all my guns combined.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Here in Maryland, starting October we have to be "booked" handgun buyers paid ($50) licenses every 10 years, finger prints and for new buyers a special class. I have been snapping up some extra guns until I retire in the 2020's and move to a free state to the South!

Comment

You suck...
                          I am making up for lost time
                          :Dancing-Banana:

I haven't bought a gun since last year.

Bought a car. Damn thing is a bigger money pit than all my guns combined.
                          My car is a 1996 Honda with about 120k miles on it. I buy gas and do regular maintenance, but that's it. I see no reason to spend on that when I could buy ammo instead. Of course, I get to drive the wife's Rav4 when I am ferrying the kids :)

Comment

Working...
                          X