Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chogy
    replied
    One problem though... certain mags are visually very easy to identify. The PMAG is one, and if the PMAG wasn't even made before the CA ban, then someone there is going to see his PMAGs and drop a dime - primarily because of jealousy and not having the balls to import a few himself.

If I was a CA native, my mag mine would consist of old GI surplus 30 round mags.

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    He CAN be taught!

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Do you know of any state border markings in the Mojave?
    Ah I see.

Wise in the way of the law, you are.

Find this "mag mine" in the desert, I will.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Do you know of any state border markings in the Mojave?

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    The Mojave Desert, specifically where you can see Las Vegas, you damned idiot!
    No no no, it has to be within California border. Otherwise it would be "importation."

The magazine has to be inside the state border already. We cannot manufacture it. We cannot transfer ownership of it (this covers buying and selling, and gifting). We cannot import it from outside the state.

It's perfectly legal to own. So people have been finding lost magazine in the desert for years.

Of course it's also legal to import, manufacture, or transfer parts for the magazine, you know, to fix your broken one that you already legally possess. We all have a lot of parts stashed away to repair our broken mags.:)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Believe me, a lot of people have found magazines in the desert. They wouldn't tell me where this "mag mine" is.
    The Mojave Desert, specifically where you can see Las Vegas, you damned idiot!

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    So why don't you happen to "find" a box of them out in the desert?
    Believe me, a lot of people have found magazines in the desert. They wouldn't tell me where this "mag mine" is.

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    I think transfer refers to between people. And California has plenty deserts, so no importing involved, either

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Can't you read? He can't transfer them home.

What if someone accidentally drops them in his yard?

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    We can buy them elsewhere in the US. We just can't import them into California. I can go to Nevada and buy all the 30-rounders I want. That's not a problem. The problem is when I bring them back.

The law does not ban the possession of these magazines. It bans the importation, manufacture, sales, and transfer of these magazines. Technically, it's legal for me to "find" a discarded regular magazine and claim it as my own. I did not import, manufacture, buy, or otherwise transfer this magazine from anyone.
    So why don't you happen to "find" a box of them out in the desert?

Leave a comment:

• Native
    replied
    Honestly what bothers me even more than the 10 round restriction is the crap that they did to the uppers. Stupid bolt releases, etc.. Why!?!

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Even if you buy them elsewhere in the US?
    We can buy them elsewhere in the US. We just can't import them into California. I can go to Nevada and buy all the 30-rounders I want. That's not a problem. The problem is when I bring them back.

I don't get it, though, how can you own them if you can't buy them, and there isn't a ban in place yet?
    The law does not ban the possession of these magazines. It bans the importation, manufacture, sales, and transfer of these magazines. Technically, it's legal for me to "find" a discarded regular magazine and claim it as my own. I did not import, manufacture, buy, or otherwise transfer this magazine from anyone.

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    Even if you buy them elsewhere in the US?

I don't get it, though, how can you own them if you can't buy them, and there isn't a ban in place yet?

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    But can't you buy them elsewhere, or have a friend buy them for you, and then either pick them up or have them send it to you?

Is the problem buying them or owning them?
    That counts as "importation" and is against the law.

We can own them, but those will need to be in our possession before the ban started. We cannot transfer, manufacture, or import. We can replace though. A worn out mag can be replaced on a 1 for 1 basis.

We follow the law to the letter.

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    But can't you buy them elsewhere, or have a friend buy them for you, and then either pick them up or have them send it to you?

Is the problem buying them or owning them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X