Man orders TV on Amazon, gets a SiG 716 Assault rifle instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man orders TV on Amazon, gets a SiG 716 Assault rifle instead

Isn't there a law in the USA that says if something is delivered to you, you don't have to give it back? ;)

Assault Rifle Mixup

Seth Horvitz, a Washington D.C. resident, ordered a flat-panel television online but instead had a high-powered assault rifle delivered to his door, according to a report from WTTG-FOX 5.

DCist reported that Horvitz had ordered the flat-panel TV through a third-party seller on Amazon.com. The box was left in the hallway of his apartment building.
    The tone of the article is horrendous, and of course, the Brady Bunch chimes in with a typical "Think of the children!" bleating that makes my teeth ache.

Particularly entertaining is the way the rifle is treated like animate nuclear waste, ready all by itself to render death and mayhem on a biblical scale.

chogy,

i know, right? OMG THE ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Why is the guy complaining? (He must be a nutty anti!) I'm sure that Sig is worth a lot more than that darn television that he ordered!

Comment

Imagine gunnut waking up with a 716 on his door.

"Is this candid camera or what? I ordered 226 :scratching head:, oh well..."
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The news report make it sound like this stuff happens often.

The rifle was supposed to go to a retailer, which is legal to ship to. It's also legal for the factory to ship a gun to the owner of the gun if it was sent in for work.

The police told Horvitz that it was illegal to transport the gun in a car and therefore it couldn't be sent back, Horvitz told Fox-5.
          Is it legal to walk it to the post office?

I received wrong merchandise before. These things happen. It's just that guns aren't normal merchandise and usually are tracked closely by all parties involved.

I have had guns delivered to my house before. It's awesome when one could order online and have guns show up at the front door a few days later.

Of course I have a license for that...
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Imagine gunnut waking up with a 716 on his door.

"Is this candid camera or what? I ordered 226 :scratching head:, oh well..."
            I would immediately notify the authorities of this highly dangerous weapon inside Kommiefornia borders. God forbid, it might walk out the front door, load itself, and start shooting innocent children, all without a nutjob or a terrorist behind the trigger.

Comment

I think in the midst of ridiculing the dumbass antis and stupid news reporters, we have forgotten the most important question in this entire episode: WHERE IS THE TV?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                I would immediately notify the authorities of this highly dangerous weapon inside Kommiefornia borders. God forbid, it might walk out the front door, load itself, and start shooting innocent children, all without a nutjob or a terrorist behind the trigger.
                Yeah, well......In the interest of making California safer I would drive all the way to the Oregon/Cali border and take that off your hands. I would even be willing to drop off a TV for trade.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

So, you got the TV huh?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The rifle was supposed to go to a retailer, which is legal to ship to.
                    Odd. Over here it's perfectly legal to ship weapons by mail or similar from anyone to anyone, provided the package is handed to the recipient in person (and not left somewhere). Pretty common too.

Comment

So, you got the TV huh?
                      No. But I would get one if it would seal the deal.
                      There is no way I would UPS a TV. Those dumb asses would toss it over the fence. They must hire ex baggage handlers from the airline industry.
                      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        No. But I would get one if it would seal the deal.
                        Call it a sacrifice for Cali's kids.

There is no way I would UPS a TV.
                        I never said you did. Someone who ordered and never got the TV did

Those dumb asses would toss it over the fence. They must hire ex baggage handlers from the airline industry.
                        Over here UPS is pretty good, tho I never had experience with fragile objects.

Now, where the hack is the TV :bang:

Comment

I think in the midst of ridiculing the dumbass antis and stupid news reporters, we have forgotten the most important question in this entire episode: WHERE IS THE TV?
                          The dude who ordered the SiG probably has the TV . . . . .
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

According to Murphy, he probably got a lawnmower.

Comment

According to Murphy, he probably got a lawnmower.
                              Probably got my strobes...

Comment

Working...
                              X