Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• large bore scope recomendation.

need your help guys.
    i have marlin 1894 .44mag, i want to put a scope on it, it has to go on a rail that is on top of the reciver. since the rifle is short, i want he scope to be also compact, standart eye relif 4-5in.
    now the dilema, the rifle is a kicker, .44mag has very sharp\strong recol, so scope that might work fine with smaller calibers might not hold zero after few dozens of .44 shots, also i would not need variable power, 4x is good enough, since effective range of the rifle is no more than 150 yards.
    i saw plenty small scopes, read review, but none was installed on heavy recoil rifles.
    i saw few scopes that i like but they are made for shotgun, which has similar range, they are also compact and some have fixed magnification, now my question is it ok to install a shotgun scope on a rifle that has similar tragectory (well compared to other caliber rifles, .44mag bullet drop is huge, much like shotguns' slug). also shotguns have similar recoil, especially with 3,5mag, so i would think shotgun scopes are made for high recoil weapons.
    i'm willing to spend up to $250.
    now will it be wrong\big mistake, to use a shotgun scope on such rifle, cuz i could not find many (actually none) that are made for rifles, and fit my creteria.
    thanks.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Topic - Scope recommendations for Marlin 1894 in 44MAG - OpticsPlanet Forums - Reviews, Discussions, Feedback, Ratings
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

wow exact answer, thanks.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

A little over an hour and we have another happy WABber ;)

Comment

make sure you pull back the trigger hard so the bullet goes faster
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I have a Bushnell dusk-to-dawn, 3-9 with a BDC dial, on my 1895GSS in 45-70. It has always held tight(been on for about ten years) and kick don't get much worse than a 45-70.

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
              wow exact answer, thanks.
              Your welcome glad to help.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

ended up buying Weaver v3 classic 1-3x20 , too bad the store had no rings in stock, (wasn't really a guns shop, just photo\video\optics store) wanted to put it on tonight, that is not happening, i guess.

Comment

Working...
                X