Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airsoft Megastore Rallies Airsoft Community to Oppose California Senate Bill 798

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
    How about this one? Real, or not?

It's a real AR-15. Color doesn't mean squat.
    in nyc there is a law, you can't make real guns look like toys, nor make toy guns look like real, there is a jail time for that,

and you guys thought cal. law was stupid. lol
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      If only criminals were smart enough to dress up their guns like this:
      some are, happened in nyc few times.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Well I don't know about you guys, but those pink hello-kitty M-4's look like great christmas presents...
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Looks more like a pair of .44's to me. :Dancing-Banana:
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Im huge on paintball (competition paintball, not paintball that involves dressing up as "soldiers" and having real looking guns). And i have to disagree with some of you who say there is no point to paintball and it is only for cqb simulation. Paintball, how it should be played, is a legit sport and one hell of a great time. And while I do understand where California is coming from, I dont really see why it is such a big deal. Several paintball guns look nothing like real guns. For example, all high end speedball guns are created to be light comfortable in the users hands, therefor they look nothing like real guns, unlike woodsball guns which are heavy and slow, look exactly like real guns. Woodsball guns and airsoft guns are the only ones in my opinion that should be more regulated, but not painted bright colors becasue it would ruin the simulation experience for those who like it(woodsball).
            -MARX

Comment

Originally posted by marx View Post
              Im huge on paintball (competition paintball, not paintball that involves dressing up as "soldiers" and having real looking guns). And i have to disagree with some of you who say there is no point to paintball and it is only for cqb simulation. Paintball, how it should be played, is a legit sport and one hell of a great time. And while I do understand where California is coming from, I dont really see why it is such a big deal. Several paintball guns look nothing like real guns. For example, all high end speedball guns are created to be light comfortable in the users hands, therefor they look nothing like real guns, unlike woodsball guns which are heavy and slow, look exactly like real guns. Woodsball guns and airsoft guns are the only ones in my opinion that should be more regulated, but not painted bright colors becasue it would ruin the simulation experience for those who like it(woodsball).
              We're not talking about paintball guns. We're talking about Airsoft guns that look like real guns. Some people like those. My nephew is one. He dresses up like a soldier and shoots at other people who dress up like soldiers with his real looking Airsoft guns.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

We're not talking about paintball guns. We're talking about Airsoft guns that look like real guns. Some people like those. My nephew is one. He dresses up like a soldier and shoots at other people who dress up like soldiers with his real looking Airsoft guns.
                There are real looking paintball guns, people dress up as soldiers and shoot other people dressed as soldiers. They call it "Mil-sim" short for military simulation. And yes, California is trying to pass the same law about paintball guns.
                -MARX

Comment

Originally posted by marx View Post
                  There are real looking paintball guns, people dress up as soldiers and shoot other people dressed as soldiers. They call it "Mil-sim" short for military simulation. And yes, California is trying to pass the same law about paintball guns.
                  Yes, they are mil-sim, not woodsball, as you said above. I've been playing recreational paintball (i.e. woodsball) for over 20 years and I think you know that neither my PPS Blazer, Automag RT ULE, or any of my Autocockers (all my woodsball guns) look nothing like mil-sim.

Please don't lump all recreational woodsball players into the same wannabe soldier category, which you seem to have disdain for, and I won't comment on arrogant little shit "competition" players who think running around a field spraying 30bps is only way paintball should be played. Deal? ;)

It's thanks to us old woodsball players that you have paintball, and a paintball industry, to begin with.
                  Last edited by Wooglin; 14 Nov 11,, 09:25.

Comment

paintball

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                    Yes, they are mil-sim, not woodsball, as you said above. I've been playing recreational paintball (i.e. woodsball) for over 20 years and I think you know that neither my PPS Blazer, Automag RT ULE, or any of my Autocockers (all my woodsball guns) look nothing like mil-sim.

Please don't lump all recreational woodsball players into the same wannabe soldier category, which you seem to have disdain for, and I won't comment on arrogant little shit "competition" players who think running around a field spraying 30bps is only way paintball should be played. Deal? ;)

It's thanks to us old woodsball players that you have paintball, and a paintball industry, to begin with.
                    First allow me to apologize. That post is quite old, and oddly enough my views have changed. I was indeed wrong in lumping woodsball and mil-sim players into the same category, I was also wrong in saying that ALL woodsballers use heavy, mil-sim like guns. Second, let me take a moment to correct your statement. Not ALL "competition" players are "arrogant little shit[s]" and we dont all run around the field shooting 30bps. I for one only shoot semi and hold about 12bps, and anyone who shoots something like "PSP 3/4/5 shot" or "millennium ramping" have to have it capped at 15bps by tournament rules.

I meant no disrespect, and I hope you can see that not all "competition" players are arrogant little shits. By the way, nice to see another paintball on here.

And to add to the topic at hand, my team owner recently told us of NY now discussing the same bill. I have yet to find anything relating to said bill, but once I do, rest assured, I will post it.
                    -MARX

Comment

If only criminals were smart enough to dress up their guns like this:
                      Seriously? Unless your gangs home turf happens to be Fire Island can you really see any hard core crims packing "Hello Kitty" monogramed firearms on the street? Just imagine their street cred - not to mention the reaction of Police when they got picked-up.
                      If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Working...
                      X