Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Australian Police Gun Deal outrages victims' groups.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by surfgun View Post
    Well I did buy mine wholesale as I have Curio & Relics License. - so that would have driven my cost down.
    I have a C&R also, but can't get the Yugo. The "grenade launcher adaptor" to launch rifle grenades make this rifle an "assault weapon" and too dangerous in Kommiefornia.

    I'm sure urban street gangs launch rifle grenades from moving cars during turf wars all the time.

    Or some gangs could hold up a 7-eleven with a rifle grenade.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

    Comment


    • #17
      Yea, I can just see a bunch of Eastern Block rifle launched grenades rolling around in the bed of an El Camino!

      Comment


      • #18
        Its ironic that "victim" groups are upset. Are they upset because rather than giving the used guns to victims to protect themselves, the guns were sold? Do they believe in the right to defend oneself in Australia?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ZSARU View Post
          Its ironic that "victim" groups are upset. Are they upset because rather than giving the used guns to victims to protect themselves, the guns were sold? Do they believe in the right to defend oneself in Australia?
          Using a Gun to defend oneself is just a mantra, not often realised in reality - it's beside the point anyway. People have guns for many reasons. Victims groups treat the gun as the villain & thus seek to prevent people obtaining one.
          If I have a criminal free record. If I have no known associates, (the same kind of clearance required for a security agents license) If I have no mental illness, then it's my right to obtain and use one lawfully.

          All victims groups are interested in is a feeling of security from the control exerted upon someone, or something (whatever that may be) to the desired level. The Ethical argument is used as a legitimacy point scorer (because naturally it is unethical to allow x to become victim as a result of y) for which the defence is always on the backfoot. It is totally devoid of civic responsibility to uphold the rights of responsible citizenry. Legislation is passed on the Ethical argument I.E RSPCA trespass, break & enter, to 'investigate a report', or J. Jones loosing his agents licence, his job, and his livelihood, for discharging a paint ball gun that the distant neighbour objected to, because of the way the law is written.

          I don't maintain any sort of gun for anything remotely close to self defence reasons. I have not the interest, nor does it appear to me, the most effective deterrent. What I do object to is someone telling me what I can't use to protect myself with. I haven't done any wrong. I haven't forfeited my rights.

          At any rate, I regard myself as pretty handy with an Axe.
          Last edited by Chunder; 08 Jun 11,, 10:38. Reason: oops
          Ego Numquam

          Comment


          • #20
            Chunder's no joke. I just found a picture of him.

            Comment


            • #21
              lol... I was at the markets last week asking about the smoked salmon

              "Scuse us mate, can your freeze the salmon"
              -Yeah mate, just when you want a bit of it :- have you got a cleaver at home?
              "No mate, I have an axe though"
              ...pause... -*smirk*- Okay then, well with your... axe - just chop a bit of it off and leave it out for a couple of hours beforehand.

              I wonder if anyone of these victim groups are in London right now? "lets call the police".
              Ego Numquam

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Chunder View Post
                I wonder if anyone of these victim groups are in London right now? "lets call the police".
                Ah yes, but then those police would have to call the real police. You know, the ones with the guns.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Chunder, it's certainly your right to reject firearms, but I can't think of a better way to stop a brewing confrontation that with one. We are spoon-fed statistics that attempt to show "Owning a firearm is more dangerous than not", yet those cases where the presence of a gun stops a confrontation in its tracks don't seem to make the news, with the exception of the NRA's magazine. Every month, they list dozens of cases in their "armed citizens" column, where average people prevented crime with a personal firearm.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    In this time of economic trials for the world, why should we not resale firearms? Its simply good business, and everybody wins. In my opinion, an armed public is a safe public. Look at Britain. Those looters probably would have thought twice about what they were doing if they had been faced with store owners who had guns, as well as concerned armed citizens.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by AceVendetta View Post
                      In this time of economic trials for the world, why should we not resale firearms? Its simply good business, and everybody wins. In my opinion, an armed public is a safe public. Look at Britain. Those looters probably would have thought twice about what they were doing if they had been faced with store owners who had guns, as well as concerned armed citizens.
                      Only if the very same looters were unarmed ;)
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                      To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                        Chunder, it's certainly your right to reject firearms, but I can't think of a better way to stop a brewing confrontation that with one. We are spoon-fed statistics that attempt to show "Owning a firearm is more dangerous than not", yet those cases where the presence of a gun stops a confrontation in its tracks don't seem to make the news, with the exception of the NRA's magazine. Every month, they list dozens of cases in their "armed citizens" column, where average people prevented crime with a personal firearm.
                        I wouldn't mention whether I had used one for the prevention of crime Self defence is not an allowable excuse here. I'd rather just keep silent about any measure undertaken with one - in order to keep it. If you get my drift.
                        Ego Numquam

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                          Only if the very same looters were unarmed ;)
                          Even if I had a gun, I'd think twice about showing it in public if I knew that there was the possibility that multiple people also had, and knew how to use, guns.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Chunder View Post
                            I wouldn't mention whether I had used one for the prevention of crime Self defence is not an allowable excuse here. I'd rather just keep silent about any measure undertaken with one - in order to keep it. If you get my drift.
                            I hear you it's the same over here.
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                            To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by AceVendetta View Post
                              Even if I had a gun, I'd think twice about showing it in public if I knew that there was the possibility that multiple people also had, and knew how to use, guns.
                              Ace, multiple people knowing how to use firearm would make a mess ;)

                              Imagine you enter a bank go to the counter and yell this is a robbery, all of a sudden you are hit by 10 bullets (which would be the good thing here I guess), and 20 other bullets go loose ;)
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                              To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X