Bringing/ buying a handgun & less lethal weapons to Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing/ buying a handgun & less lethal weapons to Berlin

Hi there. One of my female friends who is an ex german citizen is wanting to go there to visit and do some research for her doctoral dissertation. Unfortunantely this requires her to be in some very seedy areas with some questionable characters at late hours. She's in good shape but is still a woman. I'm wondering what is the best approach to obtaining/ concealed carrying a handgun there (what permits etc.) Wikipedia isn't helping me much and although German was my first language I stopped learning it about the age of 5...

I figure as a woman she needs:
    local area comm (rape whistley type thing)
    comm with the police (a handy phone)

Standoff less lethal to create area and get comm (smartlock baton)
    Some electroshock stun gun disguised as a lipstick container or something for close in

Is a handgun really necessary with this ^
    What about these weapons (customs, blah blah blah)

-Thanks

You've already had this discussion. What you want to bring is irrelevant if you want to go through customs. What matters is what you can acquire when your there, legal or not.
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Self defense training is probably the best thing she could bring, simple weapons are easy to aquire most places- i.e. silverware and stout pens ...
      It sounds like a gun is unlikely to be an option.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I'm thinking it could be a liability + I'm thinking acquiring a permit to ccw (being an expat) could be difficult for her.

Comment

Does Germany even allow CC??

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
            You've already had this discussion. What you want to bring is irrelevant if you want to go through customs. What matters is what you can acquire when your there, legal or not.
            I concur with the Sgt-Maj. Use with what you have. NOT WITH what you want.

The best advise is to avoid shady areas. Baring that, re-enforced company. After that, any legal weaponry you can have. As far as I know, there is no legal definition of a molatave cocktail.

Comment

Originally posted by Porsche917LH View Post
              I'm thinking it could be a liability + I'm thinking acquiring a permit to ccw (being an expat) could be difficult for her.
              We have a number of German members here and a German section. Perhaps you can ask for their opinions.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

If you don't have the training, don't carry it. Sometimes I wonder if I should carry my pistol concealed, even though I have the license to do so, because (other than hunting, a totally different construct), I've never had to fire my weapon under anything near the amount of stress that a situation like that would create, and I don't have the proper training to prepare me for that (the shooting qualification people have to make to get the CHL is a joke). If she doesn't have much or any experience with a gun, she shouldn't be carrying one in a situation like that. My .02 cents
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                X