No announcement yet.

what does the comsumer want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So today i was at my friends house and we were playing doom 3. I picked up an SMG in the game and after i saw the reloading process a light bulb went on in my head. it worked on a hinge and involved playing a dark colored box of ammo inside. from what i saw this would be a better way to develop a weapon using caseless ammo. the layout to me anyway looked much better then the G11. i will remember this and considering an improved caseless ammo weapon could be a worth while development.

i know you guys will probably think this is a silly thing to talk about but damit when i got an idea (even if i dident think of all of it myself) i got an idea.

Comment

I would be immensely interested in some magazine fed bolt action survival carbine with the following attributes. (this may sound weird but I'll describe as well as I can)
      3 barrels of lightweight construction that can be manually rotated to change the caliber of the gun probably between .22lr, .410, .45, and some common rifle caliber. You could have a seal gasket that moves forward as you rotate the barrels to ensure a good gas seal.
      Of course you would change mags everytime you switched caliber.
      It may be very heavy and very stupid but it will attract some exposure.

Comment

Wellman, don't let your thread descend into the realm of fantasy and outright stupidity such as others lead you to, and stay away from the caseless ammo stuff. Unless you can perfect it, it is not within your purview of the subject of your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
          Wellman, don't let your thread descend into the realm of fantasy and outright stupidity such as others lead you to, and stay away from the caseless ammo stuff. Unless you can perfect it, it is not within your purview of the subject of your thread.
          Spoilsport, I was just about to ask for a "Raygun with over the horizon/round corner thermal sights" .

IMHO there is very little room for new versions of the wheel as they are all round;)

I sure hope this young man surprises us all:).

Tony
          Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

"Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range."

Comment

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by toemag View Post
              Spoilsport, I was just about to ask for a "Raygun with over the horizon/round corner thermal sights" .
              "Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range."

IMHO there is very little room for new versions of the wheel as they are all round;)

I sure hope this young man surprises us all:).

Tony
              Your spot on about the wheel Tony. That is why I think he should focus on custom stuff and making other guns better. Let the big companies pay for R&D because chances are good it could be awhile before he has the budget to do that, and it takes a big budget for that.

Not saying set your sights low, just set a small goal, reach it and set another that's higher and so on. Randall was a good example of a great gun company that went out of business because they bit off more R&D than they could handle.

Comment

The OP should go to work for H und K and design a modern uber compakt .380kurz pistole.

It really irks me that HK refuses to take the civvie market seriously.

Comment

Working...
                X