Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filled out the paperwork for my Kel-Tec SU16B. I get to pick it up on the 25th.
    Woohoo!

Here's a review.

Can hardly wait.

This will be my third weapon since retiring. I also have a Beretta 96FS (.40 S&W) and a Remington Model 870 Express Synthetic 12 gauge.
    Attached Files

Comment

• .177 cal (4.5mm) Lever action air propelled Daisy Rifle w 4x32 scope, and a fully automatic 10 shot Nerf dart tag pro. ok, and maybe a super soaker.
      Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
      Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
      Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
      Listen to the words long written down
      When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

• *think**pink*

Ok...we (hee hee *ME*) do not own it yet, but....

IT'S PINK...AND MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP!!!

AAHHHHH HHAAAAAA!!!

There is a free paper that shows up in our driveway and Confed has been throwing it away. The other day I asked that he bring it in so that I could look through it. I almost threw it away myself when I saw it was the Saint Charles Republican ...but then a headline on the front page caught my eye....
        Pink guns now available for female hunters
        Geneva, IL -
        Whoever said hunters couldn’t be fashionable hasn’t heard about the hot new item female hunters are hoping to get their hands on this season.
        Pink handguns and 22-caliber long guns are the latest must-haves for women hunters, and are flying off the shelves at Gander Mountain, a hunting and camping store with a location in Geneva.
        Gander Mountain began selling several types of firearms, including pink long-guns, a type of gun used for target practice, last year. Due to their popularity, the outdoor-goods chain added the pink handgun this year.
        The addition of the guns, which were created exclusively for Gander Mountain by Remington and firearm manufacturer Taurus International Manufacturing Inc., was part of a plan designed to cater to a female-based clientele.
        “More and more women are coming into the store,” said Tom Pattee, manager of Gander Mountain in Geneva. “Instead of sitting in the corner while men shop, they are the ones bringing the guys in here.”
        Gander Mountain, which sells everything from moose-antler lamps to camping and fishing gear, recently began carrying more women-friendly gear at the request of its customers.
        “We sell a lot more women’s stuff now,” Pattee said. “We’re becoming more of a family-oriented place to shop instead of just men.”
        The company, which was established in 1962 and opened in Geneva in 2003, carries a selection of firearms, but the pink ones are reserved especially for the ladies.
        “You’re not going to have too many guys running around with pink guns,” Pattee said.
        Shooting sports have recently gained popularity among women, said J.R. Roe, owner of J.R. Shooting Sports in Aurora.
        J.R. Shooting Sports offers handgun safety classes and a shooting range, in addition to a selection of retail items.
        “A lot of our clients are women — I would say about half,” Roe said. “Some do it for enjoyment — others for self defense.”
        At Gander Mountain, customers looking to purchase guns must undergo a background check to verify they have no felony convictions and no arrest warrants. Under state law, a Firearm Owners Identification Card must be presented and the customer is required to wait at least one day before purchasing the gun.
        “We’re one of only two states that has that law — they can’t just come in and buy a gun the same day,” Pattee said.
        Under state law, only the gun-owner can purchase a firearm.
        “The regulations are stiff,” Pattee said. “We do a lot of business in gift cards around the holidays.”
        Gander Mountain offers five types of pink firearms:
        • Remington 870 Junior 20-Ga. Pink Shotgun
        • Remington Model 597 22LR with Pink Laminate Stock
        Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol
        • Taurus Millennium Pro 380 ACP Semi-Automatic Pistol
        • Taurus Millennium Pro 32 ACP Semi-Automatic Pistol
        Last edited by THL; 26 Jan 08,, 06:56.
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• THL, that is the clearest evidence yet seen that foretells the end of the world as we know it!
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• uh...all i've got is a pretty old M1911 given to me by my uncle, a hunting knife, and about half a dozen swiss knives...

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
              THL, that is the clearest evidence yet seen that foretells the end of the world as we know it!
              I see women in PINK camouflage heading out to the woods, PINK rifle in hand. No deer would run, because they would not think she was serious. :P

Or maybe the guy who breaks in while Confed is away...I quietly get out of bed...tip toe down the hall...come around the corner, raise the PINK Taurus...and the intruder falls to the floor laughing.
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by Demosthenes View Post
                uh...all i've got is a pretty old M1911 given to me by my uncle, a hunting knife, and about half a dozen swiss knives...
                Oh man don't you ever let go of that 1911. It could be a classic.

If you do decide to let it go please let me know. :))
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by THL View Post
                  Ok...we (hee hee *ME*) do not own it yet, but....

IT'S PINK...AND MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP!!!

AAHHHHH HHAAAAAA!!!

There is a free paper that shows up in our driveway and Confed has been throwing it away. The other day I asked that he bring it in so that I could look through it. I almost threw it away myself when I saw it was the Saint Charles Republican ...but then a headline on the front page caught my eye....
                  My local gun store has always carried a pink rifle. I always wanted to know who in their right mind would get a pink gun. Now I know. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    My local gun store has always carried a pink rifle. I always wanted to know who in their right mind would get a pink gun. Now I know. :P
                    No one in their right mind may...but I would.:P

I think it is very nice. Very personable and after I glue on the glitter gems, it will be very "me".

There is a football-ish movie out now and I cannot recall the name right off hand, but in the movie this little girl goes to stay with her football player dad. Well, she takes his game ball and glues gems all over it...

Yeah...that's what I'm talkin' about.

Comment

• Wasn't that "The Game Plan" starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson?

Comment

• This is a rifle for a woman. Blends right in with the kitchen...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 1idvet View Post
                          Filled out the paperwork for my Kel-Tec SU16B. I get to pick it up on the 25th.
                          Woohoo!

Here's a review.

Can hardly wait.

This will be my third weapon since retiring. I also have a Beretta 96FS (.40 S&W) and a Remington Model 870 Express Synthetic 12 gauge.
                          Did you get your SU16 yet? How do you like it? I handled one in a store and it felt plasticky... Very handy, but plasticky...

Comment

• my friend had kel tec like that, i didn,t like it, it shoots fine, but feels like a toy, stock is loose, handguards are loose,(may be they weren,t when he bought it, but after few thousands of shots, they sure were), but it is folding, and that is a big plus.
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              Oh man don't you ever let go of that 1911. It could be a classic.

If you do decide to let it go please let me know. :))
                              I'd be happy to trade it for a 1940s Luger or even for a ok-condition Hitlerjugend Dagger :))

Comment

• One downward-ejecting Browning BPS 12 gauge. Great for southpaws

Comment

Working...
                                X