X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Another Sig man...

I recently acquired a West German police trade-in P6 (P225) for $300. Will get more if I can find them at that price.

Dale for some odd reason doesn't like his P229. A strange fellow he is ... :P
    Those P225s are great. I have worked on a couple for guys who had them issued years ago, and absolutely refuse to take a newer model. CDNN was selling them earlier this year for a ridiculous price, something like $225, with a one-day special under $200 if you bought some multiple (3? 5?).

Comment

• At present.

6 6 pounder 1813 Prussian cannons, two 1813 howitzers, and an 1814 mortar.

I am HOPING to get a 24 pounder this year, (whats left of it).

3 1807 Prussian muskets, 2 Brown bess muskets (British), two Royal Navy boarding pistols (1815 ish), a S&W M 28 six inch, S&W M29 six inch, a PPK, and ...well, it is issue, but I must keep it at home, a shity Glock.

Comment

• Originally posted by THL View Post
        We went into the store this weekend and took a look. A few looks. We saw a pink youth rifle that mini-me seemed interested in. It was very cute and I should have used my phone to snap a picture of her holding it, but I did not think about it at the time.

Now I want the pink Taurus more than before. Although I think they are marketing it all wrong. I think they should be selling it with a pink accesory package...a pink case, pink cleaning kit, pink leather holster. I would buy this. Confed says I am the only one, but I dont think I am. I think I may be the only one who would openly admit it, but I think there are others out there who secretly would LOVE to have a whole pink Hello Kitty themed handgun set.
        I BOUGHT IT!!!!

Right after I had the baby I went in and bought it!! Confed and I have only taken it to the range once so far though. How fun is that - the little pink gun. Its the cutest little thing I have ever seen...and, as we all know, CUTE is of utmost importance when selecting the correct firearm. :P
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by THL View Post
          I BOUGHT IT!!!!

Right after I had the baby I went in and bought it!! Confed and I have only taken it to the range once so far though. How fun is that - the little pink gun. Its the cutest little thing I have ever seen...and, as we all know, CUTE is of utmost importance when selecting the correct firearm. :P
          WE DEMAND PICS!!!
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Gunnut-

The reason I don't like my Sig is that I really don't shoot it well. Also it was my first semi-auto and since then I've bought pistols that fit my hand and shooting style a lot better. So nothing against your baby! ;) It's me, it's not it.

Now that I'm having a love affair with my new Taurus I hope you can still forgive me for ignoring my P229.

-dale

Comment

• night vision scope

tried the night vision on a standard AR15, it set too high, tried to use it on my FNC, rigged up a cheek riser to make it work better, still not happy with it that way. Went to a gun show today, peiced together an AR15 mutt to mount the night vision on, DPMS lower and mixed bag upper, bolt and t handle, used a riser mount that I had. It sets up perfect, no cheek riser needed, shot 50 rounds no malfunctions, didn't need to adjust the scope at all, it's dead on, shoots just high enough on the indoor range, to be on at 100 yards. A perfect gun day! :))
              Attached Files
              CADPIPE

Comment

• ^^^^^^

Oh yeah! Bottom one looks just right!:):)

Comment

• Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                  ^^^^^^

Oh yeah! Bottom one looks just right!:):)
                  I'll take one of each please.

I was wondering about getting one of them NVG's for my AR15, for deer hunting as the seem to be staying put during the day light hours, even twilight can come and go without them moving an inch, but night time they are all over the place. The only thing stopping me is that they are legal to own here but it would be illegal to mount one on a weapon

Nice gun's

Tony
                  Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• non mounted night vision

Originally posted by toemag View Post
                    I'll take one of each please.

I was wondering about getting one of them NVG's for my AR15, for deer hunting as the seem to be staying put during the day light hours, even twilight can come and go without them moving an inch, but night time they are all over the place. The only thing stopping me is that they are legal to own here but it would be illegal to mount one on a weapon

Nice gun's

Tony
                    there is infared available, that can be used but not mounted, a head mounted infared light source and infared goggles, would "light up" a good area, wouls even work good for home defense as few burglars wear infared goggles during a crime. I don't know if deer can see infared, conjures up a picture of combat ready Bambi!;) Xenopus Electronix -- Ultraviolet flashlight and Blood Tracking flashlight products
                    CADPIPE

Comment

• Originally posted by dalem View Post
                      Gunnut-

The reason I don't like my Sig is that I really don't shoot it well. Also it was my first semi-auto and since then I've bought pistols that fit my hand and shooting style a lot better. So nothing against your baby! ;) It's me, it's not it.

Now that I'm having a love affair with my new Taurus I hope you can still forgive me for ignoring my P229.

-dale
                      I completely understand. I found out I am a better shot with my friend's factory refurbished Glock 17 than my Sig 9mm. Althought his Glock pulls to the left for me... I was able to put 10 rounds in a 1" group at about 7 yards, they just pull to about 3" to the left. I can put rounds around the aim point with my Sigs, but the pattern is much larger.

I love Taurus revolvers. I need to get another one, or two. I have never tried their autos though. I guess you really like yours. What model is it again?
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Taurus PT-145.

And I can claim membership in the ironic group of those who shoot their friend's gun better.

My buddy has a CZ-75 9mm that might as well be a laser pointer attached to my finger. Point-> Bingo!

But do I own a CZ-75 in 9mm? No.

-dale

Comment

• AHEM!!!! Gentlemen....My new CC pistol!! Obtained on Tue. Killing me till Sat when I get to shoot!!

May I direct your attention to the Kimber RCPII. Oh Yeah!! I am gloating!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
                            tried the night vision on a standard AR15, it set too high, tried to use it on my FNC, rigged up a cheek riser to make it work better, still not happy with it that way. Went to a gun show today, peiced together an AR15 mutt to mount the night vision on, DPMS lower and mixed bag upper, bolt and t handle, used a riser mount that I had. It sets up perfect, no cheek riser needed, shot 50 rounds no malfunctions, didn't need to adjust the scope at all, it's dead on, shoots just high enough on the indoor range, to be on at 100 yards. A perfect gun day! :))
                            lil off-topic... but I had that same exact pattern couch 7 years ago... LOL didn't know it was common, I mean mine was L-shaped... and got it at Montgommary Wards... 1994 about..(San Diego)..and yeah, thats a nice setup.. heh...definitely light up as you say that hunting :D
                            Last edited by Dago; 25 Sep 08,, 05:23.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Well that lil Kimber sure does not look like a model 1911 ;)

Comment

• May I direct your attention to the Kimber RCPII. Oh Yeah!! I am gloating!!
                                Nice CCW; that should take the misery out of MO

Comment

Working...
                                X