This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Barretts ancestor

Sharps, The old time Barrett? Not too many years ago it was a 5 year wait to get a Shiloh Sharps, now a lot of companies make them Pedersoli, Uberti. They are fun to shoot.
    Attached Files
    CADPIPE

Comment

• Did someone say Hi power?

The first image is my first hi-power, it is a 32XXX serial number, which makes it pre-WW2, it shot so well, I was hooked. It was reblued at some point, but not by me. The second is a Browning HP GP Competition 9MM Target, it is my centerfire gun in Bullseye competition. There's more but later.
      Attached Files
      CADPIPE

Comment

• Question for Cadpipe

They are really nice, have you removed the magazine safety??

I did, and the accuracy improved loads as the trigger pull then went real smooth.

You might want to have a look at this Hi Powers and Handguns
        as he has had it or done it all with the HP.

Tony
        Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• magazine safety

I never remove a magazine safety, that's something they will try to crucify you for doing in a court case, I leave any gun that I use for other than match shooting just the way it comes. The first shot from my first hi-power, I pulled, or pushed low and left, the next two just left in the 10 ring, saw that ran the target back out to 50' put the rest touching in the X ring. Just never saw a need to do anything to them. Have gone to the mags with the springs in the base to make them drop on using the mag release, but other than that they are perfect the way they come, well at least the ones in .40 are!:)) I wouls like to get a least one more of those. Someday!
          CADPIPE

Comment

• Hey Cad,

So what is the ol falling block chambered? Is it a sharps?

Comment

• My historical inventory

since everybody have wonderful weapons i got jealeous and wanted to show mines but i have only these. :)

i took pictures with my cellphone so my apologies for the amateur picturing.
              Attached Files
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

• i' ve found these weapons couple months ago from the ancient house of my grand-parents. i couldnt clean the rifle yet :(

note: there are riflings in the barrel.
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big K View Post
                  i' ve found these weapons couple months ago from the ancient house of my grand-parents. i couldnt clean the rifle yet :(

note: there are riflings in the barrel.
                  That is an awesome rifle! How old is it, what is it? I see it is a flintlock, got any more details? History on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                    That is an awesome rifle! How old is it, what is it? I see it is a flintlock, got any more details? History on it?
                    i dont have enough info yet. :(

the only thing that it belongs to my ancestors. the deepets info about my ancestors that one of my grand(i dont know how many grands are there)fathers was a raider and died durin taking of a castle probably in 1550s...

but this rifle have a date at last picture. it must be the Muslim calendar, so if i am not wrong it is from 1289 of Hicri Calendar so in Christian calandar it must be 1872 or so...

and the sword also belongs to my ancestors and it still cuts...both very well protected with yellow soap...thanks to my grand mother(rip)

Comment

• theres a lot of handwork on this rifle and sword. just look the the barrel, handles(swords too) and stock.

and the rifles mechanism still works...but i wonder if the rifle can shoot again?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Big K's flintlock

You need to take to an antique dealer before cleaning it and trying to shot it, you might devalue it by a substantial amount, it might fetch a lot in the condition that it is in now. They had a similat type weapon hanging up in an engineering office to kind of represent doing middle east work, they sold it to an employee for a couple hundred bucks, but when he took it to be appraised it was worth many thousands.
                        CADPIPE

Comment

• Big K,

Nice antiques you have there,

My guess is that the rifle is a "one off" and considering the condition it appears to be in, it is also likely to be quite valuable.

For all old weapons, their value is in the fact that they are in original condition, bumps, scratches and other blemishes included.
                          Other than wiping surface dust and grime off them, I stongly advise you not to attempt any sort of deeper cleaning or restoration as it will most likely destroy the value to a collector.

As they are your ancestor's relics, hopefully they are of more value to you than anything monetary.

Your photos are very good and a few more would be good to send to an antique valuer or expert in arms to give you an idea of monetary value and history.

Cheers.

Comment

• 7thsfsniper

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                            Hey Cad,

So what is the ol falling block chambered? Is it a sharps?
                            It is a Pedersoli replica chambered in 45-70. Just another cowboy match gun. but fun to shoot, just not too often at one sitting. But then it has been so long that I could be thinking about a different rifle
                            CADPIPE

Comment

• 2 more western style

The one without the wood forend is a Henry replica .45 colt, and the other is an 1873 Winchester replica .45 colt, Gotta have a lever gun for the western matches.:))
                              Attached Files
                              CADPIPE

Comment

• Hi-powers

The black hi power is a .40 cal, the green is a 9mm. They are both wonderful examples of FN accuracy and dependability.
                                Attached Files
                                CADPIPE

Comment

Working...
                                X