Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7thsfsniper, Sounds like a winner, really just getting into the optics, and related accessories. I remember when Iron sights were enough, and my eyes were good enough. But thanks to lasik they may be again! I did find something that worked to help vision, Billberry, it is an herb, get it at Wally World. They used to give it to the channel pilots in WW2, a parloe officer who shot with us told me about it, I tried it, and when we started our target shooting season I could not distinguish .22 caliber holes at 50 feet, but by the end of the season I could see them clearly. It seems to help with "floaters" too. The channel pilots took it to improve night vision, wonder why it is not added to the MRE's?
    CADPIPE

Comment

• Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
      wonder why it is not added to the MRE's?
      Because pharmaceutical companies can't sell fruit juice for 100 bucks an ounce!
      I am a firm, firm believer in organic foods and herbal remedies. I am not surprised at all by your results. A doctor nearly let me die once and an herbalist saved me. True story just another time. There are other vision remedies out there that could be beneficial as well. I would recommend visiting a reputable herb shop. This gives me an idea for another thread!

Comment

• This is my baby...

WASR-10 GP with MTK-83 scope mount and Simmons Red Dot sight.
        Last edited by maximusslade; 10 May 08,, 21:40.
        Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often...

Comment

• What did you have to copulate with

What did you have to copulate with to get that as your baby? Wait, I don't think I want that picture in my head. This is just another weapon, a Smith & Wesson, have not had a chance to shoot it yet, picked it up just before back surgery. Thinking about an Eotech 552 with .223 bullet drop reticle and 3X magnifier, have not shot a trijicon but might be convinced. Anyone tried the eotech with the night vision module?:)) Dang, I hear shots outside my window, no law against shooting around hear if you have a back stop. Just makes me want go out and play too, I could let off a round from the .550 magnum, but why waste the ammo.:(
          Attached Files
          CADPIPE

Comment

• Cad! You are killin' me brother! A betamag! We have sooooooooo got to go to the range!

Comment

• Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
              Cad! You are killin' me brother! A betamag! We have sooooooooo got to go to the range!
              I made him that same offer, I need most of my disposable income for ammo, none left over for beta (big bucks for what they are) mags.

I'm just going to lean back and watch Cadpipe reveal his collection bit for bit, he'd probably kill us all if he showed everything at once, lol.

Tony
              Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• Combat tupperware

While it is fun to poke fun at the Glocks, and I do frequently, they will do what they are intended for. Shoot only FMJ or JHP unless you go with a Barsto Barrel. The instruction manual does not contain this info, it used to be on an orange or red piece of paper that came with the gun. Lead or cast ammo can build up in the barrel, and if you do not clean frequently you can bulge a barrel.
                Attached Files
                CADPIPE

Comment

• A nice brace of three, the upper two with the gen 3 frame and the bottom one is a gen 2 frame, are they of the 9mm variety? or .40?

Tony

Comment

• Toemag, They are .40, and one of my friends has a 23C that he will sell me, which is the factory compensated model, Gen 2, but then I guess I would have to get a model 27 too. Just hate that!
                    CADPIPE

Comment

• You got to believe me I'm sat here laughing my socks of, I'm a Glock fanatic, over at Glock talk I registered an account almost at the start of my web experience, toemag is and always has been my handle, I'm even an avid reader of the THR posts, and even post at AR15.com......

Okay, I'm off to bed, have to be up early, to go hunting.

Tony

Comment

• The Black Widow .22 -chick gun, I know but at least it is a Magnum.
                        sigpic "We are the people our parents warned us about." Jimmy Buffet

Comment

• Desdemona, What part of Ohio?

I grew up in Cleveland Ohio, Go Browns, But now for something completely different, An 1897 Winchester pump gun, my favorite ever since I saw the movie the Professionals with Lee Marvin, But Lancaster, ***** Strode, Robet Ryan. The scene where thay take the bandidos, and Marvin uses the 1897 the way it should be used, Hold the trigger and every pump forward fires a round. Excellent. Used it when I shot the cowboy matches in Houston.
                          Attached Files
                          CADPIPE

Comment

• Oh! C'mon, I can't believe it,

Really the Actors name is ***** Strode, At the time he had the name, I guess it was not a problem, there were still some adults! Where is the smiley for astonishment?
                            CADPIPE

Comment

• I've got a M82 beret 50bmg, a M9, an AR 15, and a camo M40, but I used to be a sniper, my real age is not on here, the Army tells me not to tell.

Comment

• Delta Force

The Barrett .50 has got to be a gas to shoot, You must have some excellent ranges at your disposal to properly entertain such a caliber, The closet long range to where I am is out in the Lejune area. And that's a haul. I have some 300 close and 600 about half a day drive, and you have to join. But I still aspire to own one, someday, after I build a shed to get all the crap out of the basement so I can get another gun safe!:)) I am sure that is just a partial list, leaving out the hand guns? Quite an enviable collection and the skills to utilize them. Excellent, glad you are on our side!
                                CADPIPE

Comment

Working...
                                X