Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice looking weapon Gunnut, a good one too , removed many of them from the possesion of "bad guys" during the 70's and 80's
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• No ...
      more than 500 ... in the glass. grumble grumble. Sure I love his rifle
      (gunnuts Garand) ... want 2 ... one to rub with a diaper ...
      Only its worse than that ... long range aspirations are a filthy all consuming habit ...
      I'd be "disposed" (read loading or at the range) If weather were more appealing. Instead here we are trading barbs. So much more is the pity ...

Comment

• Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
        Nice looking weapon Gunnut, a good one too , removed many of them from the possesion of "bad guys" during the 70's and 80's
        That doesn't narrow it down much ... Garands ... Gazzillion built .. sent every where ...You ... In her majesties service ... that doesn't narrow it down ... where haven't you lot been sent?
        Fill us in here ya tease!
        I imagine it was no walk in the park ... foe, propperly armed ... I don't imagine they got in line to turn them in iether.
        I'd opt for AK armed opponnents any day, (not to take anything from our lads today) I've never had any interest in being at the wrong end of a
        30-aught6. But I would still like to hear about it. 70's-80's ...
        ANy one guess what these lot were up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1 Observer View Post
          That doesn't narrow it down much ... Garands ... Gazzillion built .. sent every where ...You ... In her majesties service ... that doesn't narrow it down ... where haven't you lot been sent?
          Fill us in here ya tease!
          I imagine it was no walk in the park ... foe, propperly armed ... I don't imagine they got in line to turn them in iether.
          I'd opt for AK armed opponnents any day, (not to take anything from our lads today) I've never had any interest in being at the wrong end of a
          30-aught6. But I would still like to hear about it. 70's-80's ...
          ANy one guess what these lot were up to?
          Never had a problem disarming bad guys at all Observer, they knew they argued with me I Isent in "Tankie" and I had "Dave" in reserve........was a total walk in the park
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

• Your to humble

TOO, I meant TOO humble. I can spell, sometimes ...

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
            Never had a problem disarming bad guys at all Observer, they knew they argued with me I Isent in "Tankie" and I had "Dave" in reserve........was a total walk in the park

So you're saying ... the dead are easy to search ... I read that some where.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1 Observer View Post
              So you're saying ... the dead are easy to search ... I read that some where.
              Though that is true, no I am not saying that............and besides they are also very messy to search;)
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

• Eeew ... Especialy in hot damp weather ... when thier less fresh huh?
                I read that too...

Comment

• Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                  Nice looking weapon Gunnut, a good one too , removed many of them from the possesion of "bad guys" during the 70's and 80's
                  Thanks! It's a shooter though, not a collector's piece. The receiver is brand new manufacture rather than original GI part. It has virtually ZERO collector's value.
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• That's a spiffy piece of hardware gunnut, I like!
                    In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                    The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• I'm a little late for this thread, but so far myself and the fam;

1. 1 custom semi-auto 20 Gage shot gun
                      2. 2 Remington 1100 series semi-auto 12 gages
                      3. 2 Remington 870 pump shot guns
                      4. 1 double barrel "OLD" shot gun
                      5. 1 custom semi-auto 306
                      6. 1 50 cal. desert eagle pistol
                      7. 1 .45 Firestorm pistol
                      8. 1 7mm Mag bolt action rifle, "For large game of coarse!"
                      9. 1 50 cal. mussel loader, my brothers, " I have no idea the make"
                      10. 1 9mm Baretta pistol, "My fathers"
                      11. We have a couple of .22's but they are like BB guns to me!
                      We have a few more, but one is my moms, and my little brother that was in the military has a few more.

Thanks!

Comment

• Don't know where else to post these so I post them here.

I went to the Reagan Library 2 weeks ago and took some photos. They aren't very good because I was not allowed to use flash.

Here are 3 guns displayed at the Reagan Library. I believe all were given to Reagan by manufacturers during his term.

This first is a Colt Walker. The caption reads "Revolver, the Colt Heritage Commemorative, 44 cal Walker black powder no. 1636; Courtesy Mr. Gary Kemp"
                        Attached Files
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Nothing too exotic.

Lee Enfield No.4
                          Colt Trooper .357
                          Ruger Mk II 0.22 pistol
                          Ruger 9mm
                          Several Remington 870 shotguns
                          Several Ruger 77's in various calibers
                          Model 1886 Winchester in .45-90 - OK, that one is a bit exotic

Comment

• Well.
                            I finally was able to go out and shoot the Kel-Tec SU16B.

I used two types of ammunition:
                            Remington UMC 55 GR. MC and prvi partizan FMJ BT 62 GR bullets.
                            Both types fired flawlessly in the rifle.

I put the front site post as near to zero as I could eyeball before I left. My first three rounds down range were hitting the target within two inches of bullseye, low, at about 100 meters (uneducated guess).
                            I moved the site to bring the round up higher and was still within two inches of center with my next three rounds.

I did this from the back of my truck bed using the built in bi-pod.
                            The bi-pod isn't as stable as I would like, but works as intended.

The recoil isn't bad either. Very manageable. I even had my wife shoot it and she didn't do too bad for the first time firing a rifle.

There were no jams, or errors while firing the rifle.
                            It was fun to shoot and will be a good survival rifle.

Next time out I will put the scope (3x9~40) on it and see what I can do with that.
                            Not a bad rifle for the price and its commonality with the M16.

Comment

• Before a tragic boating accident that sank all my guns to the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay ....

Chinese commercial production SKS "D" Model according to Wiki Entry uses AK Mags (the weapon said Sporter ) .... and a "Standard" Chinese SKS ....

Top Rifle blonde stock ....

NMH 91

Finnish M39 1944 Sako barrel

Mosin Nagant of 26 or 36 Manufacture - arrgh I cannot find the barrel

Ruger Single Six - Un modified / fixed ..... father bought it in Ms. in 1965 it has both .22 long and .22 Mag Cylinders w/Matching Serials

Type 14 Nambu 8mm Showa 4.11 (which is Nov 1929) manufacture

Mossberg Mdl 500 18" and 28" barrels
                              Μολὼν λαβέ
                              Hakkaa Päälle

Comment

• Originally posted by RadioPatrol View Post
                                Before a tragic boating accident that sank all my guns to the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay ....

Chinese commercial production SKS "D" Model according to Wiki Entry uses AK Mags (the weapon said Sporter ) .... and a "Standard" Chinese SKS ....

Top Rifle blonde stock ....

NMH 91

Finnish M39 1944 Sako barrel

Mosin Nagant of 26 or 36 Manufacture - arrgh I cannot find the barrel

Ruger Single Six - Un modified / fixed ..... father bought it in Ms. in 1965 it has both .22 long and .22 Mag Cylinders w/Matching Serials

Type 14 Nambu 8mm Showa 4.11 (which is Nov 1929) manufacture

Mossberg Mdl 500 18" and 28" barrels
                                just looking at the pic. i can tell it isn,t real rpk, cheap knock off.
                                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X