• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few of my favorite things...

Ham & Cheese

Pizza & Beer

Abbott & Costello

Smith & Wesson

Did you ever notice how the best combinations in the world have an Ampersand in them?

The 639 actually belongs to my 14 year old son. He bought it with the money from his paper route. Is America great, or what?
    sigpicUSS North Dakota

Weapons of choice...

For some reason I never liked Smith & Wesson autos. I guess it was because they were real pieces of junk when they first came out. My preference has always been Beretta and Colt for autos and Sturm, Ruger for revolvers..... BTW, you are dating yourself with the Abbott and Costello thing.
    :LOL

Picture able to be posted courtesy of M21 Sniper

Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
    (Been There)

Comment

Comment

Re: Weapons of choice...

Originally posted by Captain C
        For some reason I never liked Smith & Wesson autos. I guess it was because they were real pieces of junk when they first came out. My preference has always been Beretta and Colt for autos and Sturm, Ruger for revolvers..... BTW, you are dating yourself with the Abbott and Costello thing.
        :LOL

Once I get a place to put some pictures (other than webshots) I'll post a few. The only thing it lets me do is use a pictuer for an Avatar, and then only on this site. :mad!
        Abbott & Costello pre-date me by a generation (tail-end boomer, here).

S&W revolvers tended to have wonderful triggers, yes the auto weren't always great, but I've owned dozens, and been happy with them all, except one worn out 459. the 3rd gen ones are great functional units, but I won't claim terrific out-of-box accuracy for them.
        sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

The 3rd Generation Smith autos are damned fine weapons.

Comment

I've heard they've improved a lot from several people. It just seems there's always been something else I wanted more than the S&W auto whenever I have spare money......
            Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
            (Been There)

Comment

Dident S&W make the gun used by most police forces before the Glock became popular?

Comment

S&W was a very popular "revolver". It was a very good gun and cost less than a Colt Python which of course was the Cadillac of Revolvers. I can't speak for other areas, but the local constabulary switched from revolvers to S&W autos which they junked out in a couple of years due to unreliability (first generation). This is where I got my info on the S&W auto, cop friends.... They switched to Colt 1911's and were VERY happy with them. At the time though, you only had 7 round magazines or very expensive 8 round magazines so when the Glock .40 cal came out they switched to that in order to increase the number of rounds available per magazine and still keep the large caliber lethality.

:G
                (Been There)

Comment

The 2nd gen S&W's, it depends on the weapon, but most were pretty good. Sniper is right about the 3rd gen. very reliable, nice ergonomics.

BTW Snipe, The pic of my girl fooled you a bit. 39's & 69's can't be told apart from that angle, and her small hands make '13's frame look like a '06's.
                  sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

All chrome. One sort or black handgun. "Spooky mission" isn't one of your fav word combos is it?

Damn the luck theres no & between "spooky" and "mission"

Comment

Yeah, but there is between R&R, my favorite activities!!!
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                        Yeah, but there is between R&R, my favorite activities!!!
                        Don't ever end up in any classes I'm instructing with that attitude. :twisted:

Rank & file has the &. It'll become even more special, if given the chance to mess with you for a few hours. :Dbanana

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
                          All chrome. One sort or black handgun. "Spooky mission" isn't one of your fav word combos is it?

Damn the luck theres no & between "spooky" and "mission"
                          Actually, the 459's both have blued slides and polished aluminium frames. The 3913 is polished stainless and aluminium, the 639 is mirror stainless frame and slide.

When I have to draw my weapon, I want it so visible that the guy on the wrong end cannot help but see it, Once he hears it, deterrence has failed.

If you look at my other post you will see a very black, super accurate, scoped .22, which, interestingly enough, can be made amazingly quiet... (ever seen a slide lock on a .22?)
                          sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

I happen to love Smith&Wesson of the ones i own i love my S&M 9mm model 639 with a squared trigger gaurd it is stainless steel i love it. :)

Comment

I think my favorite handgun is the 9mm beretta. Fun to fire, and it's got a 15 round mag.
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                              X