U.S. industrial base for ammunition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. industrial base for ammunition

The topic may extend beyond small arms to larger guns, land based, shipboard and airborne guns. I suspect that the quantities of small arms ammunition well exceed the other types, probably by number and maybe by weight, so I posted the thread here.

U.S. House Armed Services Committee hearing on "Modernization of the Conventional Ammunition Production Industrial Base", 22-Sep-2020

(note that as I type this the hearing is in progress, and if you also are watching while it is still in progress, you may have to rewind the video to the beginning to view the entire hearing)
    Last edited by JRT; 22 Sep 20,, 18:26.

Comment

More on the industrial base for ammunition. I can understand some purchases from countries like Canada, Mexico and South Korea for surge purposes. The need to rely on India for 2,4-Dinitroanisole due to environmental liabilities is indicative of the way the United States (and perhaps most of the developed world) took some of our most highly polluting industries and off shored them. Giving the appearance of being environmentally friendly but in reality...... not so much.

From the article: Army officials largely agreed, saying they rely on 55 foreign suppliers for certain equipment and materials ― such as a TNT-replacement 2,4-Dinitroanisole, which comes from India ― because costs, environmental regulations and legal liabilities make many of them harder to develop in the United States. The Army even relies on a small volume of detonators and pyrotechnics from China, Jette said.

LInk:
      https://www.defensenews.com/congress..._2fes4.twitter

Comment

Working...
      X