Battleship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleship

Watching Cowboys & Aliens, I saw a preview of the upcoming movie "Battleship".. it has a bunch of Burkes, but topping them all is Liam Nielsen on the bridge of an Iowa and her firing a broadside at an alien warship. Opening next may..

"prepare to fire" sir, which weapons.. ALL OF THEM..

Originally posted by dundonrl View Post
    Watching Cowboys & Aliens, I saw a preview of the upcoming movie "Battleship".. it has a bunch of Burkes, but topping them all is Liam Nielsen on the bridge of an Iowa and her firing a broadside at an alien warship. Opening next may..

"prepare to fire" sir, which weapons.. ALL OF THEM..
    It seems as of late with their brief cameo in the new X-Men movie, another in the new Hawaii 5-0 series, NCIS and now this that nostalgia has come to visit the BB's once again. A bonus as I do like Liam Neeson in a few of his roles. In this movie he plays Admiral Shane.

Its slated for release in May 2012.

A very brief description :Battleship (2012) - IMDb

Hey Rusty and Whiskey, maybe they will give us a plug...
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 02 Aug 11,, 16:22.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

When I was watching the trailer (Also at Cowboys vs. Aliens), I had no idea what it was until the aliens fired pegs. I am definitely watching it when it comes out, simply for the amusement factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
        It seems as of late with their brief cameo in the new X-Men movie, another in the new Hawaii 5-0 series, NCIS and now this that nostalgia has come to visit the BB's once again.
        I have to guess that someone in holywood has a soft spot for them. For the Iowas to continually turn up has to be more than coincidence, and to most people any ship thats not an aircraft carrier is a battleship.

Comment

They may just be the most photogenic warships ever!

Comment

Looks amusing. Using a battleship against an alien ship? Neat
            "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
            -General George Patton Jr.

Comment

BB's also made an appearance in the cheesy SyFy Channel's "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus", and I believe in "Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus". Both pretty recent movies.

Comment

Found this in 2nd trailer for the movie "Battleship" on YouTube.

Battleship Official Trailer #2 - Rihanna Movie (2012) HD - YouTube

Comment

Impressive number of FX's.......

Originally posted by GrayGhost1975 View Post
                  Found this in 2nd trailer for the movie "Battleship" on YouTube.

Battleship Official Trailer #2 - Rihanna Movie (2012) HD - YouTube
                  Could it be possible to PhotoShop anymore naval ships into one screen shot? ;)

Comment

just watched the movie.. absolutely HORRIBLE.. hmmmm, lets see, we have 20 guys taking the Missouri from being a museum to a fully functional battlewagon.. even better, lets hand carry a 1600 lb HE shell down broadway from the destroyed aft turrent to a forward turrent.. not even talking about dropping the port anchor and making the entire ship slide sideways through the water..

Comment

just watched the movie.. absolutely HORRIBLE.. hmmmm, lets see, we have 20 guys taking the Missouri from being a museum to a fully functional battlewagon.. even better, lets hand carry a 1600 lb HE shell down broadway from the destroyed aft turrent to a forward turrent.. not even talking about dropping the port anchor and making the entire ship slide sideways through the water..
                      Yeah, it was a joke...but considering the short shrift the surface navy has gotten from Hollywood, I guess it's better than nothing.
                      “Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America.”
                      ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Have yet to see the movie myself aside from the previews but this is a neat little clip including how they took her out of Pearl for some of the filming!

Comment

Originally posted by qaz14595 View Post
                          Have yet to see the movie myself aside from the previews but this is a neat little clip including how they took her out of Pearl for some of the filming!
                          That was an insanely cool featurette. Truly amazing what they were allowed to do with that ship.
                          “Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America.”
                          ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

yea i never saw that trailer, but when i buy the DVD im sure they will have behind the scenes extra with it ,

Comment

"Suspend your disbelief."
                              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                              X