first german battleship ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first german battleship ??

if i remember i saw show and it stated that an old ww1 battleship that the nazi had it was anchored in a harbor and started shelling rite before the invasion of poland.
    question is what was the name of the battleship ???

Schleswig-Holstein

Comment

Here is the dirty deed itself, S-H attacking Poland

Here is Schleswig-Holstein today

Comment

The battleship that started World War Two - Divernet ahhh i guess google is my friend :)

Comment

Originally posted by THOMAS81Z View Post
          The battleship that started World War Two - Divernet ahhh i guess google is my friend :)
          Yes indeed, Schleswig-Holstein was one of one of half a dozen predreadnoughts that Germany was allowed to keep after Versailles.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Schleswig-Holstein -Wikepedia photo

For a pre dreadnought, the Schleswig-Holstein is not a bad looking ship.
            Attached Files
            " Lite all burners, make all steam! "

Comment

Looks like she had some modernization after WWI - I think she used to have 3 stacks.

Comment

You are indeed correct . She also had some enlargements to her superstructures to accommodate a slightly larger compliment in WW2 (for extra AA gun crews etc)

Comment

Working...
                X