X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two different views on Roosevelt's UK visit

BBC saw it this way
    Navy warship USS Theodore Roosevelt arrives in Solent - BBC News

This must be Russian sponsored news site? Just maybe? :)
    Terrified US Aircraft Carrier Flees From Russian Subs To UK Safety | EUTimes.net

i was going to respond but on second thoughts that eu times nonesense isn't worth people's time

Comment

FIrst the French , Now Putin with the Iranian "margray technology"......

Originally posted by tmasi View Post
      "In fact, NSF experts in this report state, it was only a few weeks ago that the USS Theodore Roosevelt was “sunk” by a French submarine using “magrav technology” off the coast of Florida during a war game wherein the Americans were testing their countermeasures against this revolutionary new weapon prior to their ships deployment to confront Northern Fleet forces."

Thank goodness for equal and fair reporting by this worthy news agency!
      The TR being outclassed by the French off the Florida coast should of been an indicator before the USN decided to challenge Putin .... :whome::whome::whome::whome::whome::whome: :Zzzzzz: :fish:

Comment

Hey, it has links, it's legit.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

This eutimes.net site is either russian, or russian-sponsored, right? I noticed that they mentioned an MoD and a NSF without mentioning of which country these are.

This is typical of news reporting, in which the news are assumed to be read by people of country X, who will automatically think "our navy/army/etc". It's very common; I see it all the time in US and UK news...

“flee in terror” that one's cool. I get this image of a cartoon carrier, with sailors maning giant oars sticking out of the side, the captain screaming "row faster!", and a giant russian shark grinning in the back.

Comment

LOL. When I first looked at the title I wondered when did FDR visit the UK? Silly me...

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
              LOL. When I first looked at the title I wondered when did FDR visit the UK? Silly me...
              Same here. :(
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The site came up in one of those links you sometimes see at the base of a legit newspaper article. I'd never heard of "The EU Times" and thought I browse a bit. I found the story amusing which is why I posted, but I suspect the rather imaginative but implausible narrative is part of larger-scale, ham-handed attempt by the Russian Intelligence agencies to influence their own domestic opinion as well as international opinion among some of the less-developed countries.

Comment

It's not Russian sponsored, my understanding is that it is a spoof news site run by an American. Somewhat like the Onion. Except that they only publish ridiculous stories designed to annoy and piss off people. Racist Skinhead’s Wife Behind European ‘News’ Website | Hatewatch

Comment

Wouldn't have guessed that as the source! Next time I'll put in a little more effort and Google the story's source website.

Comment

Got to be true.....

Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                      "In fact, NSF experts in this report state, it was only a few weeks ago that the USS Theodore Roosevelt was “sunk” by a French submarine using “magrav technology” off the coast of Florida during a war game wherein the Americans were testing their countermeasures against this revolutionary new weapon prior to their ships deployment to confront Northern Fleet forces."

Thank goodness for equal and fair reporting by this worthy news agency!
                      The TR being outclassed by the French off the Florida coast should of been an indicator before the USN decided to challenge Putin .... :whome::whome::whome::whome::whome::whome: :Zzzzzz: :fish:
                      "IT HAS TO BE TRUE !!! IT"S ON THE INTERNET" :whome:

Comment

Found some info on the site.

whois info; registered in Panama, always a good sign...

And this info, from 2013.

Comment

Working...
                        X