How to Take Down an F-117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garry
    Hi Canoe, S-200, 300 and 400 see beyond horrizon, as well as many western comparables.....

I mean how far beyond horrize.

Lurker stated that this ability stems on reflection of signals from ionasphere.... is there a limit how far signal may be reflected from ionasphere? Like for example can some theoretical radar see objects on other side of the globe or such things are absolutelly not possible?
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/an-tps-71.htm

Probably not because I'd assume to see something on the otherside of the planet you'd need to bounce the radar signal off the ionosphere multiple times. The limit is probably based how far you can get a return off a single bounce.

I'll try and find that one I read about awhile ago, some new high tech radar a Canadian company is developing that can see alot further then the previous generation stuff.

Comment

Hi Canoe, S-200, 300 and 400 see beyond horrizon, as well as many western comparables.....
      I dont think, that the S300++ on it's own can see that far. And they dont need to, as they (should) get the targeting information from the early warning radar network.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker
        Show us your shiny education in this matter.
        The difference between you and i is that i know when i'm out of my element, and it's time to shut up.

You apparently do not.

Jgetti's level of technical knowledge and understanding of this subject is CLEARLY beyond that of either of us, or indeed, of the two of us combined.

That's why i'm listening, and not running my mouth as you do...

Comment

Hi Lurker, what would be the limit for maximum possible distance at which radars can see over horrizon? I mean it must be some limit..... am I right? 1000km... more?

Did you serve in antiaircraft units?
          No data on those russian system except nice pictures like this. I really don't want to discuss this. Their ignorance kicked them in the ass one time already (look at he name of this topic), that is a pattern.

p.s. PVO Strany 1992-1993. St. Lent.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by lurker; 03 Dec 05,, 06:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
            Crap.

Just after I go all 'better believe me, 'cuz I'm da EXPERT', I find out I'm wrong.

It turns out that F-16CG suffered engine problems after a SAM detonated near it over Serbia, 2 May 1999.

I looked up the serial number from the tail, and it ain't O'Grady's ship.

Crap.

TWO kills.
            I'm pretty friendly with the pilot of that second Viper. He's played the cockpit voice logs for me before.

"Ummm guys, i'm a glider now"....LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              I'm pretty friendly with the pilot of that second Viper. He's played the cockpit voice logs for me before.

"Ummm guys, i'm a glider now"....LOL.
              Or perhaps maybe a LAWN DART?

(Sorry, couldnt resist )
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Heh, they're ALL lawn darts bro. :)

Comment

Working...
                X