Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F/A-22 Crash landing video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    and i dont want to repeat this again but THE VIDEO YOU SHOWED ME WAS A TESTING (i think) of the horizontal stabalizers and gearless landing

    I just need someone with more knowledge to back this up

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Insomniac
      Yes, he did, but the tape was cut before it was done. The plane fell apart all over the runway. On the sight which I found this they said specifically that it was due to failure with the aircraft and no test. Don't believe the discovery channel when it comes to the military.

      http://www.f-22raptor.com/ho_newsview_1.php?id=152
      One prototype crashed and a production version crashed. USAF is going to use the remains to make a new F/A-22.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by huh_what
        and i dont want to repeat this again but THE VIDEO YOU SHOWED ME WAS A TESTING (i think) of the horizontal stabalizers and gearless landing

        I just need someone with more knowledge to back this up

        It was a software malfunction. The oscillation was the pilot fighting the computer. The pilot did not eject (look at the canopy).

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jimmy
          It was a software malfunction. The oscillation was the pilot fighting the computer. The pilot did not eject (look at the canopy).
          That was the prototype crash in 1992. The one in 2004 was a production one. Like I said they are going to use the remains of the 2004 crash to make a new F-22. The 1992 crash was a problem with thrust vectoring.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by *BEEP*
            That was the prototype crash in 1992. The one in 2004 was a production one. Like I said they are going to use the remains of the 2004 crash to make a new F-22. The 1992 crash was a problem with thrust vectoring.
            Do you have a source that they're gonna reuse it? The plane burned up and broke into two main pieces.

            Yeah, the 92 crash was a YF-22, and the pilot rode it in fighting. Last year's crash is the one where the pilot ejected.

            Comment


            • #21
              yeah the video was a 1992 prototype crash not an experiment
              I'm never gonna believe everything on discovery channel, at least not discovery channel canada

              Comment


              • #22
                Two crashes of a test bed mean nothing. Everything may crush.

                Comment

                Working...
                X