X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F/A-22A: Primarily air to air
    F-35: Primarily air to ground

Any questions?
    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

I believe the price of a new F-15K for Korea is 80 mil.and a block 60 F-16 for United Arab Emirates is 60 mil.Word on the JSF"cheap bomb truck"Is that its already around 75 mil and nowhere near developed,so sure to keep climbing.Hardly a bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by Visigoth
        I believe the price of a new F-15K for Korea is 80 mil.and a block 60 F-16 for United Arab Emirates is 60 mil.Word on the JSF"cheap bomb truck"Is that its already around 75 mil and nowhere near developed,so sure to keep climbing.Hardly a bargain!
        I dont know about you, but I dont want my national security to be based around something we picked up in the bargain bin.

F-35 is more expensive in part because it is more capable. A Cadillac costs more than a Chevy for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy
          I dont know about you, but I dont want my national security to be based around something we picked up in the bargain bin.

F-35 is more expensive in part because it is more capable. A Cadillac costs more than a Chevy for a reason.
          The reason it is so cheap is because so many other countries put their resources into researching and developing this plan. The uk, Italy, The Netherlands, Turkey, Australia, Norway, Denmark, and Canada. They have all put money into its development this is why it is so cheap. Also Israel and Singapore. It could have been worse such as what Boeing was introducing the X-32 which looks like a whale with its mouth open.

Comment

The US is putting up 90% of the money.

Comment

The cost difference between the latest F-15 and the latest F-16 is 55 million vs 26 million...that is not so insignificant.
              On what planet...

New build F-15Es (T/K) run around 100 milllion, F-16E/Fs run around the same, F-16C/D B-50/52+ run at around 50 million...
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig
                F/A-22A: Primarily air to air
                F-35: Primarily air to ground

Any questions?
                This is correct. The air to air capabilities of a larger fighter are vastly superior to a light fighter. The F-16 is a strike aircraft with fighter capabilities. The F-35 is its replacement, and it will fill a similar role.

The F-15C is strictly air-to-air. The F-22 actually has a leg up in that it was modified early on to carry A-G munitions to help sell it to Congress.

Comment

Working...
                X