This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, just the view of an USAF man

Well just to give some info on myself I'm a New Jersey boy who went through rutgers college USAF rotc around 8 years ago. I am currently an F/15 C pilot Elmendorf AFB 3rd Wing 12th Fighter Squadron. Anyways I doing a little goggle search and came upon this site, and it was quite refreshing to find some fellows on the web who know what they are talking about. Well now I would just like to comment on the F/A-22 due to the fact that it is of great amount interest on this forum. Now our fighter wing scheduled to get 48 F/A-22's, starting in 2009. Although it most likly shall be in a shorter amount of time, due to the fact that the defence department has to restore funding back in to the program, or it would be a total failure. And thank the lord almighty that Donald Duck has be gone in 2008. Although I doubt any of you care about this, so to my point. So I have never flown or come nearly in contact with the F/A-22, although I have seen it's TSSC and am currently scheduled to begin FMT training at the start of 2007, or we shall see with that. Anyways, moving on to my point.

Now I don't see why there big to do with who has the best 5th gen fighter, and how there are always so many threads asking if the 1.42 or the SU 37, could take a F/A-22. I'm just here to say, these threads are quite pointless due to the fact that peoeple in fighter design have favorites and your not going to get an honest answer out of anyone, when it comes to this. Just a thought.

Originally posted by Raven
    Well just to give some info on myself I'm a New Jersey boy who went through rutgers college USAF rotc around 8 years ago. I am currently an F/15 C pilot Elmendorf AFB 3rd Wing 12th Fighter Squadron. Anyways I doing a little goggle search and came upon this site, and it was quite refreshing to find some fellows on the web who know what they are talking about. Well now I would just like to comment on the F/A-22 due to the fact that it is of great amount interest on this forum. Now our fighter wing scheduled to get 48 F/A-22's, starting in 2009. Although it most likly shall be in a shorter amount of time, due to the fact that the defence department has to restore funding back in to the program, or it would be a total failure. And thank the lord almighty that Donald Duck has be gone in 2008. Although I doubt any of you care about this, so to my point. So I have never flown or come nearly in contact with the F/A-22, although I have seen it's TSSC and am currently scheduled to begin FMT training at the start of 2007, or we shall see with that. Anyways, moving on to my point.

Now I don't see why there big to do with who has the best 5th gen fighter, and how there are always so many threads asking if the 1.42 or the SU 37, could take a F/A-22. I'm just here to say, these threads are quite pointless due to the fact that peoeple in fighter design have favorites and your not going to get an honest answer out of anyone, when it comes to this. Just a thought.
    COOL.

Comment

So true. But its human nature to debate, so nothing can stop it. muhahaha. Sorry you didn't hear that. ;)

Comment

Welcome. Nice to meet you, sir. I do have some questions I would like to ask you if that's alright?

Comment

these debates are more pointless as while F22 is in production the other two are nowhere out of tech demonstrator stage.

Comment

Insomniac yea sure, I answer what ever I can.

Comment

Thank you.

Do you need to graduate from the Airforce Academy to fly an F-15 or can you get a degree from another four-year college?

In the Navy do you know if I will need to graduate from the Naval Academy to fly the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet or can I get a degree from another four-year college?

What would be your most feared enemy fighter from a foreign country to fly against?

And what is your favorite weapon to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac
                Thank you.

Do you need to graduate from the Airforce Academy to fly an F-15 or can you get a degree from another four-year college?

In the Navy do you know if I will need to graduate from the Naval Academy to fly the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet or can I get a degree from another four-year college?

There are many different commisioning programs in the military.

No, you don't need to graduate from the Air Force academy to fly an F-15. But from the people and recruiters I have talked to, a science (preferebally in engineering) degree and/or a private pilot's liscence should come in really handy.

You can become an Officer in the Air Force or Navy by either -

getting into the Academies
                AFROTC or NROTC
                OTS (Officer Training School...Air Force)
                OCS (Officer Candidate School....Navy)

I think they give you a dream sheet to fill out what aircraft you want to fly. But it all depends on the needs of the Air Force or Navy and HOW WELL you perform in training.

Comment

An honest answer...yeah.

How 'bout YOU be honest? You're a damned liar. You're not a USAF officer; you're likely not even a US citizen. You're a fake, a phony, a pathetic poseur.

Get out of our board, and don't come back.

Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                    An honest answer...yeah.

How 'bout YOU be honest? You're a damned liar. You're not a USAF officer; you're likely not even a US citizen. You're a fake, a phony, a pathetic poseur.

Get out of our board, and don't come back.

Clown.

Comment

Ignore him, giggs. He's not what he claims he is. He's what I claim he is, though: another pathetic aviation enthusiast that thinks he knows enough to fake his way into credibility by lying about himself.

You know how some losers that want to be cops so bad that they learn all about law enforcement, buy police scanners, show up at all the police public events and generally leg-hump any cop not fast enough to get away from 'em when they start in with their pathetic "I'm really good enough to be a part of your world, no matter what those elitist jerks at the Police Academy say' act?

He's one of them, but he's just got a hard-on for military aviation.

Sad, really.
                      Last edited by Bluesman; 17 Oct 05,, 02:01.

Comment

ha ha ha bluesman

Bluesman why don't ya come up north and have a few beers with me huh, instead of brining such a belligerent attack upon myself. First and formost, don't claim me to be anything, that is the pit of all arrogance. I really don't care if you believe me, it doesn't keep me up at night, so keep it to yourself huh. . Stop brining a useless attack on some one who has knowledge on aviation and just came her to share it. Please your ignorance does injustice to this board, although I wouldn't want to destory by gentlemanly honor, so I shall stop there.

As GiG's already said, no you don't need to go to the Airforce Academy to become a pilot, the Airforce Academy is just one of the routes to becoming an officer in the USAF. You could go the way of going to a four year college and earn a degree there as well as doing Air Force ROCT there, or you can go to the AF Officer Training School Force. You can find a college with ROCT here http://www.afrotc.com/colleges/detLocator.php Again a engineering college aka one such as Rutgers, would be the best choice if you are looking in to the pilot field.

In the Navy do you know if I will need to graduate from the Naval Academy to fly the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet or can I get a degree from another four-year college? Same as before you can take ROCT and or Naval Officer Training School.

What would be your most feared enemy fighter from a foreign country to fly against?
                        As of right now most of the USAF training programs tend to give us sim missions agaist Mig-29's due to the fact that they would most likely be what the USAF will face in a futuer Air conflict. I would have to say the Mig 29 and or the Su 27, although there are some allied aircraft that I really would fear more then that.

And what is your favorite weapon to use?
                        Do you mean gun wise or Aircraft wise? If you asking about my favorite gun, I would have to say the only non military issue one I have ever bought and that's my Winchester model 1300 Coastal Marine shotgun.
                        Last edited by Raven; 17 Oct 05,, 03:18.

Comment

Bluesman why don't ya come up north and have a few beers with me huh, instead of brining such a belligerent attack upon myself.
                          Because in all likelihood, you're not old enough to drink. I'd be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor - a very stupid minor.

First and formost, don't claim me to be anything, that is the pit of all arrogance.
                          Yeah, you do claim to be something - a USAF First Lieutenant (coincidentally, the same rank that my wife holds- and has earned), and a fighter pilot. You're neither, and I'm betting my stripes on it by calling you a scumbag in public. If you're really an officer, you'd see to it that I was broken in rank for it. Standing by, 'sir', you geek.

I really don't care if you believe me, it doesn't keep me up at night, so keep it to yourself huh.
                          Nope - calling you out publicly, loser. Either do something about me - which you have a legal duty to do, if you are what you claim - or get the hell out of my Board. You're stinking up the place.

And YES, you DO care about what people think, or else, you'd come in here content for people to see you as you are - an avaition enthusiast that reads a lot about the military segment - instead of a REALLY creepy and UNBELIEVABLY pathetic wannabe that hasn't earned what he craves, namely, the respect that a USAF officer and Eagle Driver commands.

Stop brining a useless attack on some one who has knowledge on aviation and just came her to share it. Please your ignorance does injustice to this board, although I wouldn't want to destory by gentlemanly honor, so I shall stop there.
                          You want to share your knowledge of military aviation, and that's all? I could've respected THAT, but not what you're doing. I have nothing but intense disgust for THAT.

Now...go away. Disappear. Never come back.

You little fartknocker.

Comment

Thanks raven and giggs. I was having a lot of trouble finding exactly how it's done.

And by weapons I was talking aircraft-wise. Sorry if I was a little unclear. Also what aircraft from an allied country would you fear more than the Fulcrum and Flanker?

Bluesman, don't you think that it just might be possible for an Airforce pilot to to be surfing the web and just so happen to come across this site? It's not that hard to run aross if you search up anything to do with military aircraft on yahoo or google. That's how I found it.
                            Last edited by Insomniac; 18 Oct 05,, 03:00.

Comment

am currently an F/15 C pilot Elmendorf AFB 3rd Wing 12th Fighter Squadron.
                              An F/15 C pilot? Yeah, not quite. How about an F-15C pilot? Loser.
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X