X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Mig-1.42 (Raptor Killer)

http://www.aeronautics.ru/mig142frames.htm

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mfi.htm

Yes, I have no doubt in my mind that this new Soviet jet can equal, if not surpass, the F/A-22 Raptor in all areas except stealth. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Insomniac; 08 Oct 05,, 01:45.

Originally posted by Insomniac
    http://www.aeronautics.ru/mig142frames.htm

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mfi.htm

Yes, I have no doubt in my mind that this new Soviet jet can equal, if not surpass, the F/A-22 Raptor in all areas except stealth. What do you guys think?

It will never enter service

Comment

I'm not asking if it will enter service. I just want to know what you guys think about it in comparison to the Raptor. I think it stands a chance. Maybe China might by them. Who knows?

Comment

The MIG-1.42/1.44 project was canceled in favor of the Su-47/PAK-FA project. The PAK-FA is suppposedly being developed by Russia and funded by India.

Comment

When I see the title of "Raptor Killer", I am already

Comment

I don't want to know if it was canceled or won't enter service. I want to know who you guys think would win if it got in a dogfight against a Raptor.
            Last edited by Insomniac; 08 Oct 05,, 17:31.

Comment

Honestly, I doubt the MiG-1.42 or 1.44 or whatever its called is any match for the F-22. It is no way stealthy other than the use internal weapons. Also I bet its stats are even real. Considering that it was dumped in favor of the Su-47, that will tell you enough.

Comment

It uses plasma stealth and internal weapons for stealth. It is in no way even close to a Raptor's signature, but I highly doubt the stats are fake since that is what every other site I've seen it on says. The Su-47 is more stealthy and costs less. More for your dollar.

I think in a BVR encounter the Raptor would win, but in close range the Mig would win. It can already out run and out turn the Raptor so I think with pilots of equal skill the Mig would win. However, now that the Joint-Helmet-Mounted-Cueing-System has been made and is planned to be put onto the F/A-22 I think the Raptor stands a better chance of winning.

Comment

It uses plasma stealth and internal weapons for stealth. It is in no way even close to a Raptor's signature, but I highly doubt the stats are fake since that is what every other site I've seen it on says. The Su-47 is more stealthy and costs less. More for your dollar.

I think in a BVR encounter the Raptor would win, but in close range the Mig would win. It can already out run and out turn the Raptor so I think with pilots of equal skill the Mig would win. However, now that the Joint-Helmet-Mounted-Cueing-System has been made and is planned to be put onto the F/A-22 I think the Raptor stands a better chance of winning.
                  You do know that the most of the stats are overinflated. I doubt it could do whatever most stats. Remember that the F-22 has only 40% of its capabilities revealed.

Comment

How would you know if they are over inflated. The Mig-1.44 has already flown much faster than the Raptor at Mach 2.6 and that's not even it's top speed, where as the Raptor's only flown around Mach 2.0. The enhanced speed and better thrust vectoring of 3D nozzles make the Mig better in manuverability. Apparently that is the Russian's specialty. Neither are all of the Mig's abilities reveiled yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
                      Honestly, I doubt the MiG-1.42 or 1.44 or whatever its called is any match for the F-22. It is no way stealthy other than the use internal weapons. Also I bet its stats are even real. Considering that it was dumped in favor of the Su-47, that will tell you enough.
                      very true. the fighter was replaced be the PAK-FA which is better. and by the way the PAK-FA isn't as good as the F-22. in fact i'm already LOL when i saw the name "raptor killer"

Comment

Comparing the F-22 to this MiG is like comparing it to the X-Wing fighter in Star Wars; that MiG is a fantasy - it won;t be made - so why the comparison?

Comment

Oh yes the magical plasma stealth strikes again

Comment

It looks alot like the Eurofighter was my first impression, and as of yet no one has plasma stealth even remotely working on an aircraft. And even if someone ever does get it working it has a problematic side effect of blinding the aircraft using it. My personal belief is plasma stealth will never materialize simply because its too complicated to mount on a fighter and will have major issues with weather and atmospheric effects.

If you exclude the Raptors ability to fry the electronics of nearby missiles/aircraft, then yes in a dog fight it could probably win given the F-22 isen't designed primarly for dog fighting, its designed to kill its targets at range without being detected. But the big issue for the mig is how would it get close enough to a Raptor to engage into a dog fight without being downed first.

I think against anything other then the Raptor it would be in a very dominate role, but for the time being the Raptor enjoys alot of advantages from its AESA radar and heavy use of stealth. The other big compeditor which could challenge it will be European aircraft carrying meteors which can engage it outside of its own missile range.
                            Last edited by canoe; 09 Oct 05,, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by canoe
                              If you exclude the Raptors ability to fry the electronics of nearby missiles/aircraft, then yes in a dog fight it could probably win given the F-22 isen't designed primarly for dog fighting, its designed to kill its targets at range without being detected. But the big issue for the mig is how would it get close enough to a Raptor to engage into a dog fight without being downed first.
                              From what I know Raptor will not be UNIQUE with this capability to cook electronic circuits. This capability was successfully tested already on land.... count several years and a RADAR WEAPON will be available for RAF

ps. I join to others who are tired to hear about plazma bull s***t

Comment

Working...
                              X