X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sameer
    replied
    Originally posted by tphuang
    I think the point of Inter-continental BM is that they can hit other continents.

All the enemies, potential or real, are conviniently located in Asia.

:)

hence no need for BMs.

India could certainly convert the PLSV or GLSV into a BM but why???

It would be a waste of money when we need to do many more things with upgrading the range of Agni series.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by raptor1992
    indians must develop ICBM technology to deliver nukes. otherwise they must use nuclear bombs.
    We already possess the technology, we have had 3 successful GSLV launches so far since 2001 and last year successfully fired the cryogenic engine. So we are good to go. We just haven't decided to do it yet.

Leave a comment:

• raptor1992
    replied
    Originally posted by Sameer
    You are confusing India for China me thinks. :)

India's ballistic missile programme is aimed at China and Pakistan with flexibility sought vs other Muslim countries in the Mid East just in case.

Indian politicians have never even thought beyound this.
    indians must develop ICBM technology to deliver nukes. otherwise they must use nuclear bombs.

Leave a comment:

• tphuang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sameer

India's ballistic missile programme is aimed at China and Pakistan with flexibility sought vs other Muslim countries in the Mid East just in case.

I think the point of Inter-continental BM is that they can hit other continents.

Leave a comment:

• Sameer
    replied
    i don't think us is too happy about india wanting to build ICBMs

Leave a comment:

• Sameer
    replied
    Originally posted by Yarmuk
    Also, The IAF have been having a lot of problems with the ground attack role of the Su 30 MKI's. Its a really good air superiority fighter though.

The IAF had a few problems with the MK which had a primitive ground attack capability, where did you get this MKI news from and could you be more specific?

Leave a comment:

• The_Burning_Kid
    replied
    Also, The IAF have been having a lot of problems with the ground attack role of the Su 30 MKI's. Its a really good air superiority fighter though.
    Shows how much Russian's know there own aircrafts :p They say there multi-role to get attention when they know its mostly an air superiority fighter (well at least the best role it is at). ;)

Leave a comment:

• tphuang
    replied
    same with plaaf with su-30mkk's ground attack role. I guess it is just painful experiences over unproven Russian designs.

Leave a comment:

• Yarmuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Samudra
    replied
    As a matter of fact, the US is not happy to see any other nuclear armed country other than itself.

Leave a comment:

• shadow
    replied
    and I dont think India is too happy with US pending fighter jet sale to Pakistan.

Leave a comment:

• uss
    replied
    The way I see it,

U.S. Perspective:
    Use India and Russia to nip china's threat potential in the bud. use Pakistan vs India to keep india in check.

Russian perspecitve:
    Use India to nip china's threat, continue to use India as great buyer, continue to warm up with U.S.

Indian perspective:
    Use U.S. and Russia to keep china checked. use russia mainly against pakistan. use u.s. for super tech and nuke tech.

one feels that this may become apparent with the MRCA deal which could be split between U.S. and Russia (france has already been taken care of with scorpene and airbus deals)

Regards,
    uSs.

Leave a comment:

• indianguy4u
    replied
    ICBM is in cold storage for a decade now. Dont know will it be restarted. India needs a missile covering whole of china & to deploy some of those near indo-china border, nothing more[5000-7500km]. Our GSLV can be converted into ICBM if the need be with modifications.

Leave a comment:

• tphuang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• indianguy4u
    replied
    Indian needs to play it right if it wants to be the next power in Asia. It needs to deal with US and Russia and China in a carefully planned way. Clearly, US and Russia/China are the two sides trying to get India to side with them. For strategic reasons, India will probably side with both sides rather than just the one side.
    Well US & Russia are itself cosying up with each other, so its not a major concern.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X