No announcement yet.

IAF moves on $5-bn combat aircraft deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, The IAF have been having a lot of problems with the ground attack role of the Su 30 MKI's. Its a really good air superiority fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yarmuk
      Also, The IAF have been having a lot of problems with the ground attack role of the Su 30 MKI's. Its a really good air superiority fighter though.
      same with plaaf with su-30mkk's ground attack role. I guess it is just painful experiences over unproven Russian designs.

Comment

Shows how much Russian's know there own aircrafts :p They say there multi-role to get attention when they know its mostly an air superiority fighter (well at least the best role it is at). ;)

Comment

The IAF had a few problems with the MK which had a primitive ground attack capability, where did you get this MKI news from and could you be more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by tphuang
            i don't think us is too happy about india wanting to build ICBMs

You are confusing India for China me thinks. :)

India's ballistic missile programme is aimed at China and Pakistan with flexibility sought vs other Muslim countries in the Mid East just in case.

Indian politicians have never even thought beyound this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer

India's ballistic missile programme is aimed at China and Pakistan with flexibility sought vs other Muslim countries in the Mid East just in case.

I think the point of Inter-continental BM is that they can hit other continents.

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer

indians must develop ICBM technology to deliver nukes. otherwise they must use nuclear bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by raptor1992
                  indians must develop ICBM technology to deliver nukes. otherwise they must use nuclear bombs.
                  We already possess the technology, we have had 3 successful GSLV launches so far since 2001 and last year successfully fired the cryogenic engine. So we are good to go. We just haven't decided to do it yet.
                  "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by tphuang
                    I think the point of Inter-continental BM is that they can hit other continents.

All the enemies, potential or real, are conviniently located in Asia.

:)

hence no need for BMs.

India could certainly convert the PLSV or GLSV into a BM but why???

It would be a waste of money when we need to do many more things with upgrading the range of Agni series.

Comment

Working...
                    X