Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IAF to have complete fleet of Sukhois by year-end

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tphuang
    I personally don't think the mirage2000 and the early variants of mig 29s would stand a chance against block 52, but the new bunch of planes you guys are about to get like the Mirage2K5 or Mig35 should be on the same level. I still need to do a little research to see which is better.
    /*Hijack thread mode on

    The current upgrades of M2k and Mig 29s are equally gr8 beasts. I guess u've to research on these too. Have'nt u read the performance of French M2ks and German Mig 29s against American F-teens during their respective air excercises?? Reports say that M2ks and Mig 29s were way better off. This could be bcos of better pilots too i guess. F-16s got their name only against inferior Air forces pal. Bring them on against the real guys, the results would show off..let them perform well, i'll accept u. I like the falcons too...but my personal opinion is that they are way over-rated just bcos they are one of the highest machines ( in no's) used in airforces around the world. Huh!!! Americans at their marketing best...

    Hijack thread mode off*/

    sorry abt the off-topic reply guys....coming back to the main thread title....Russians recently offered a deal to the Indians that they would replace the existing Su 30k and Su 30 MKs with spanking new MKI's free of cost. Any idea abt that deal?? has there been any progress yet??
    it's better to lead than to follow

    Comment


    • #17
      Which blocks does PAF gets of its f16s have been confirmed as yet. So we cannot even assume that m2k,migs29 bisons will face fc-1 & f16(52). As of today paf has f16sA/B .

      Lets see will US wants to risk its tech by giving paf its block 52, which pureland is sure to give a sneak preview to dragon masters of theirs .
      Hala Madrid!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by tphuang
        I personally don't think the mirage2000 and the early variants of mig 29s would stand a chance against block 52, but the new bunch of planes you guys are about to get like the Mirage2K5 or Mig35 should be on the same level. I still need to do a little research to see which is better.
        both aircrafts are being upgraded ,the mig29's are to be upgraded by hal (the upgrades are to begin from this year),the mig27's have already been upgraded along with jaguars ,it is now the turn of mig29's .the mig29's were originally acquired by the iaf as a counter to the f16a/b acquired by pakistan and the mirage2000 for nuclear strike roles.the mig29 will not be a match for the f16b52 and dont think that the indian are fools enough to pitch the mig29 against f16b52 with any upgrades or the awacs.

        Comment


        • #19
          What is all this hype about the block 52 F-16? It's just HYPE, its still an F-16.
          Indian Su's would easily blast them from the skies + india has much better pilots than pakistan...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by RepublicanGuard
            What is all this hype about the block 52 F-16? It's just HYPE, its still an F-16.
            Indian Su's would easily blast them from the skies + india has much better pilots than pakistan...

            I have heard differently about the quality of pilots but I may be wrong. I would give the Su-30 the edge over the F-16 Block50 - but it is certinaly no slam dunk.

            In regards the the often mentioned air to air exercises between the Indian Su-30's and US F-15's - it was not the supendous victory that the Indian (and US press asserted:

            1. They did not simulate BVR emgagements

            2. At the request of the US participants, all engagments were conducted with a 3 to 1 ratio in favor the Indians.

            3. While the US pilots were the average run of the mill squadron jocks, the Indian pilots were flight instructors from their training academy.

            4. The US F-15's used were the run of the mill "C" model, and not equipped with the AESA radar no fitted on many F-15's

            Sorry to burst your bubble

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by JBodnar39
              I have heard differently about the quality of pilots but I may be wrong. I would give the Su-30 the edge over the F-16 Block50 - but it is certinaly no slam dunk.

              In regards the the often mentioned air to air exercises between the Indian Su-30's and US F-15's - it was not the supendous victory that the Indian (and US press asserted:

              1. They did not simulate BVR emgagements

              2. At the request of the US participants, all engagments were conducted with a 3 to 1 ratio in favor the Indians.

              3. While the US pilots were the average run of the mill squadron jocks, the Indian pilots were flight instructors from their training academy.

              4. The US F-15's used were the run of the mill "C" model, and not equipped with the AESA radar no fitted on many F-15's

              Sorry to burst your bubble
              SU 30K, MK are probably a tad inferior (in BVR) to the Blk 52, but MKI is certainily a different fighter and in a diff league alltogether.

              what bubble are trying to burst here!!!!nothing, The F-15 C's were pitted agaisnt the mix of Mig21,23,27s, Su 30ks, Mig 29s. Of course numerical superiority was with the Indians, so what??I bet the F-15Cs were atleast something better than what the Mig 21s,23s or the 27s!! isnt it? More than the excitement amongst the respective air-forces, it was the media that was going gung-ho!!!! But saying all these, nothing shud be taken away from both the IAF as well as USAF too..Its absolutley foolish to say avg american jockies were pitted against the top guns of IAF, that would be escapism . why even talk abt AESA, the fighters USAF faced too were of basic config, so that too is fair enough. In fact the USAF was good enough to admit that they underestimated the Indians. obviously India would look for the home advantage and set the rules. whats wrong in that. Its like saying ...."no, therez going to only WVR in a war, i wont be taking part" ...

              Both IAF as well as USAF learnt a lot from these excercises. IAF by doing these excericises routinely with some of the very best Air-Forces in the world is a major plus point i guess.
              Last edited by shadow; 30 Nov 05,, 06:54.
              it's better to lead than to follow

              Comment


              • #22
                also i beleive there where no awacs.....on the American side...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by platinum786
                  also i beleive there where no awacs.....on the American side...
                  Unlike the Indians who had GCI support.

                  The Americans went in knowing full well that it was a massive uphill battle. But the Indian pilots were better than expected, and they used more advanced tactics than we thought. Basically the IAF is a more competent air force than the USAF previously thought, but as far as the victory...it was heavily stacked and it wouldn't take a world-class air force to win. But the IAF is world class, so the exercise came out pretty lopsided.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jimmy
                    Unlike the Indians who had GCI support.

                    The Americans went in knowing full well that it was a massive uphill battle. But the Indian pilots were better than expected, and they used more advanced tactics than we thought. Basically the IAF is a more competent air force than the USAF previously thought, but as far as the victory...it was heavily stacked and it wouldn't take a world-class air force to win. But the IAF is world class, so the exercise came out pretty lopsided.
                    And the BIGGEST point that EVERYONE seems to forget is that DACT ISN'T ABOUT WHOSE BETTER!!!!!

                    It's purpose is ONLY to give participating air forces a chance to interact with dissimilar aircraft and dissimilar tactics, hence the name Dissimilar Aircraft Combat Training. That's it,, nothing further. Now in the process of this, yes, the US found out that there are dissimilar tactics in the IAF that they didn't fully realize previously. This only means that we got out of the exercise exactly what we were looking for in entering the excercise,, i.e. EXPOSURE TO DISSIMILAR TACTICS. USAF and IAF will both be better at what they do for participating because they have learned to deal with tactics they may have not previously accounted for.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by indianguy4u
                      Who cares what yanks do.
                      *EDITED

                      jobs

                      What Americans think of Indians:

                      no respect for job stealers

                      Sooner or later, and we are working on this problem, you Indians will be out of jobs at the expense of American citizens. ****ing congress and companies like Microsoft.
                      Last edited by TopHatter; 12 Dec 05,, 06:03. Reason: Racial Epithet

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by StrikeEagle
                        Your ass depends on us, dot head.

                        jobs

                        What Americans think of Indians:

                        no respect for job stealers

                        Sooner or later, and we are working on this problem, you Indians will be out of jobs at the expense of the American citizens. ****ing congress and companies like Microsoft.

                        Damn Strike Eagle that was harsh.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by StrikeEagle
                          Your ass depends on us, dot head.

                          jobs

                          What Americans think of Indians:

                          no respect for job stealers

                          Sooner or later, and we are working on this problem, you Indians will be out of jobs at the expense of American citizens. ****ing congress and companies like Microsoft.
                          U are not worth responding .
                          Hala Madrid!!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by JBodnar39
                            Damn Strike Eagle that was harsh.
                            Yes it was.

                            Strike Eagle, check your Private Messages.
                            Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X