Has the F117 out lived its usefulness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    I have some anecdotal evidence that backs what you're saying, but it's not open source stuff, and no one would believe me if i repeated it here anyway.

The F-22 truly is a predator.
    Hey, you know we here at WAB, can't get enough of some good anecdotal evidence.
    sigpic

Comment

The F-117A aint fast enonough and F-22 is. I think the F-22 is more stealth then the F-1117A beacuse its more newer.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbianpsyco
        The F-117A aint fast enonough and F-22 is. I think the F-22 is more stealth then the F-1117A beacuse its more newer.
        You are correct, it was offical stated awhile back the F22 is now the stealthest(is that even a word) aircraft in U.S service.

Comment

Originally posted by Radial Arm
          What is a small diameter bomb? 250lbs? Geez, you would think that they could be a bit more creative with the name. That is almost as bad as calling margirine "I can't Believe it is not Butter!" They should have named the Tomahawk "18 foot misslie."
          It was specifically developed to fit into the relatively cramped bomb bays of the F-22A.

It still has the penetration capability of the 2,000lb BLU-109, though.
          HD Ready?

Comment

On the subject of anecdotal evidence (it's all I ever use because I am, well, really lazy) I could have sworn that it'd been posted in this forum that the Nighthawk was going to be retired as part of the big re-allocation of funds to buy more Raptors. Seems to me that while the Nighthawk is obviously still useful, the JSF and Raptor are more deserving of the available resources right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Radial Arm
              Snipe - Give us the anecdotal evidence if you can dude! C'mon! "I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you." You can hunt us down afterwards. :)

I read an article, I think it was posted up here actually, about an excersize pitting the F-22 v. F-15 (maybe F-16?), and the pilots of the latter aircraft were dumbfounded by the Raptor ... dead long before they saw them.
              This happens ALL THE TIME.

Its very rare when an F-15C pilot asks GCI for close control on an intercept. When that happens, you KNOW the S has hit the fan.

Comment

Working...
              X