Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Combat Aircraft(lCA) and Combat Aircraft Trainer(CAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tphuang
    the thrust of AL-31FM is 137.5 kN and that powers su-35 (not 35bm, just the ordinary 35).

Just wondering, how is the AL-31FP working out for you guys? It seems that the latest batch of AL-31FN has TVC, not sure if the integration of TVC nozzle in AL-31FP is mature or not.
    http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-35/su-35.htm

These new systems and weapons capabilities make the Su-35 a true multi-role fighter. Combined with its large action radius and reasonable price tag, make the Su-35 a good candidate for export. The Su-35 was first shown at Farnborough international air show in 1993. Early attempts included the Su-35 based Su-37MR which was marketed to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), see Su-37 section. After the first series produced Su-35s had been delivered to the Russian Air Force in 1996, development by the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft manufacturing association (KnAAPO) was aimed at meeting the requirements of possible export customers. The new Su-35s would be offered with the AL-31FP TVC engines, which were developed following the successfull Su-37 trials with the first TVC engines, see Su-37 section. The modified Su-35s also feature an open architecture avionics suite incorporating the latest digital computers and display systems.
    We know that AL31FP is known to be a development from AL37. and currently in prod in mki.
    Since not much is known about the engine. so there are more speculations. and websites tend to mention the standard AL31F specs as those of AL31FP. The real one i would say are either known to russians or indians..

Comment

• but you know, you read more Indian news than I do. I remember AL-31FP had some issues in 2004, is it reasonably good now?

Comment

• Originally posted by tphuang
        but you know, you read more Indian news than I do. I remember AL-31FP had some issues in 2004, is it reasonably good now?
        some manufacturing problem in the blades in one of the lots... not a design problem.. blades were replaced within a months time. U know russians they try to save money in testing tooo..

Comment

• The F414-GE-400 engine incorporates advanced technology with the proven design base of the F404 engine. Two F414 engines power the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet aircraft

Diameter/Caliber 890mm 35.04-in
          Length 3.9 m 13-ft
          Max Weight 1,109 kg 2,445-lb
          Thrust 97.7 kN 22,000-lb
          GE F404-F2J3 from f-117
          Length 3949 mm
          Max Diameter 886 mm
          Weight 1059 k
          Dry Thrust 55.5 kN
          Reheat Thrust 83.3 kN
          Combat Thrust 87.2 kN
          Guys,
          The specs of GE 414 are similar to GE 404 in dimension, but puts out 22000* lbs as against 18000 lbs*. So if why doesnt we get these for LCA instead GE 404, even our kaveri is rated @ 20000 lbs. Is this possible?
          Hala Madrid!!

Comment

• LCA(QUIT it INDIA)

it is really sad that a nation(india)that has a large number of highly skilled engineers and techies cannot speed up the development of the LCAs kaveri jet engine. last i heard, india had sent the jet engine to russia for high altitude testing. maybe all this delay is due to a lack of funding from indian government.
            It may be cheaper for india to just go and buy military aircraft from foreign
            markets.

Comment

• Originally posted by indianguy4u
              Guys,
              The specs of GE 414 are similar to GE 404 in dimension, but puts out 22000* lbs as against 18000 lbs*. So if why doesnt we get these for LCA instead GE 404, even our kaveri is rated @ 20000 lbs. Is this possible?
              not because
              1. they are more expensive..
              2. we might not be able to get this much tech from us unless we buy a good no of american planes.
              2. GE404's are just a temporary measure. for a few planes. kaveri will be on the way for the rest. secondly i think a new version is said to have been developed for india called GE404- IN 20. for putting in indian lcas. official ge site states that the version has exceeded 19,000 lbs thrust.
              3. if we buy F18.. one obvious stuf we will ask for is GE414 ToT. for the lca's. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                not because
                1. they are more expensive..
                2. we might not be able to get this much tech from us unless we buy a good no of american planes.
                2. GE404's are just a temporary measure. for a few planes. kaveri will be on the way for the rest. secondly i think a new version is said to have been developed for india called GE404- IN 20. for putting in indian lcas. official ge site states that the version has exceeded 19,000 lbs thrust.
                3. if we buy F18.. one obvious stuf we will ask for is GE414 ToT. for the lca's. :D
                There is a big Q mark on kaveri. So i think if kaveri doesnt materialise, it will be better we get GE414 than GE404. Also US not allowing GE414 is wrong notion. IF GE 404 was allowed & they are being used for first 20+20 optional, than GE414 shouldnt be a problem. Any updates on kaveri?
                Hala Madrid!!

Comment

• Originally posted by indianguy4u
                  There is a big Q mark on kaveri. So i think if kaveri doesnt materialise, it will be better we get GE414 than GE404. Also US not allowing GE414 is wrong notion. IF GE 404 was allowed & they are being used for first 20+20 optional, than GE414 shouldnt be a problem. Any updates on kaveri?
                  another high altitude endurance testing in is in progress in russia. if that fails india will go ahead with a foreign help in sorting out the problems.

Comment

• How can LCA Tejas be rated against its contemporaries like j10, ef2000, rafales etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by JASOOS VIJAY
                      How can LCA Tejas be rated against its contemporaries like j10, ef2000, rafales etc?
                      Apples and oranges
                      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

• Originally posted by JASOOS VIJAY
                        How can LCA Tejas be rated against its contemporaries like j10, ef2000, rafales etc?
                        why do u even wanna compare. one is a point defence fighter, others are Air superiority figters.
                        it's better to lead than to follow

Comment

• All conjured facts of the Naval LCA with advanced multi-mode pulse-Doppler radar / FLIR, EW/ECM jamming pods, long range Super 530D, AA-11s, Astra AAMs and buddy refueling tanks with range comparability of the F-16 C/D Block 50+ proves that an IN LCA will surely beat a USN F/A-18.

Need we say more

Comment

Working...
                          X