United States Space Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by looking4NSFS View Post

It will have to be rescinded fast...... bureaucracies embed like ticks quickly and start sucking blood (in this case money and prestige). The additional layers of General (or is it Flag) officer billets... the associated staffs.... the CSMs.... the cars, flags, office space, seat on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, opportunity for the Military Industrial complex to wine and dine a whole new acquisition class, opportunities for congress to bring money to their districts........ hell, the vast horizons of new diversity and inclusion billets alone will cause some to want this separate branch to happen. All this before a single bit of hardware is purchased!
    I've worked in Army PM offices for 30 years.

As anyone knows about programs...step 1 is design and buy the coffee mugs. Step 2 is determine if the program is needed.

I'd imagine the incoming administration is already planning and will execute.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      As anyone knows about programs...step 1 is design and buy the coffee mugs. Step 2 is determine if the program is needed.
      Ah, but there is also pre-pipeline projects. You know, the ones where you set down the broad design and outline how much it'll cost, and may even publicize "yeah, we might be doing that"... and then write on top "to be decided in 5 years whether we make this a project" and stuff it in some drawer in the desk.

Our government uses these to have projects where they can claim in answer to information requests from the parliament that "no such project ever existed".

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
        Ah, but there is also pre-pipeline projects. You know, the ones where you set down the broad design and outline how much it'll cost, and may even publicize "yeah, we might be doing that"... and then write on top "to be decided in 5 years whether we make this a project" and stuff it in some drawer in the desk.

Our government uses these to have projects where they can claim in answer to information requests from the parliament that "no such project ever existed".
        Well I was going to say go through the JCIDS process and determine the Army Cost Position but I figured that was too insider to use!
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X