Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best russian airborn radar ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all
    what is the AESA Tech?
    and wht is the different between it and pesa tech?
    sorry guys but i am new in all of this
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by saint79
      ...what is the AESA Tech?
      Did you read the first page of this thread?

In an nutshell, AESA= Active Electronically Scanned Array- composed of elements with T/R modules integrated to the individual element.

PESA= Passive Electronically Scanned Array- T/R is done by TWT tubes not integrated to the elements.

AESA is more capable, elements are frequency agile and system uses LPI principles. Beam can be rapidly steered and multi task. PESA hass steerable beam, but all elements operate on a single frequency and no LPI modes. PESA is jammable by saturating TWT tube. AESA is not jammable, since elements can operate on multiple frequencies.
      Last edited by highsea; 01 May 05,, 18:32.
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

frist thanks highsea
        can u give me example for Aesa tech and pesa tech (radars)?

Comment

I will give you examples for fighter aircraft.

The US has AESA radars for 5 fighters, F-16 (AN/APG68(v)9 or AN/APG 80), F-15 AN/APG 63(v2)), F-18 (AN/APG 79) F-22 (AN/APG77), and JSF (AN/APG 81). These are all fairly new, and not all of the older AC have them.

Basically, everything uses passively scanned arrays. Elta (Israel) has developed an AESA radar, the EL/M 2052 that is aimed at the Mirage and Sukhoi market. The Europeans are working on one, the AMSAR, which will go in Typhoons, probably the Rafale, and whatever else. Phazotron (Russia) has developed one that was targeted for the Pak-fa, but it's future is still in question due to funding.
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
            I will give you examples for fighter aircraft.

The US has AESA radars for 5 fighters, F-16 (AN/APG68(v)9 or AN/APG 80), F-15 AN/APG 63(v2)), F-18 (AN/APG 79) F-22 (AN/APG77), and JSF (AN/APG 81). These are all fairly new, and not all of the older AC have them.

Basically, everything uses passively scanned arrays. Elta (Israel) has developed an AESA radar, the EL/M 2052 that is aimed at the Mirage and Sukhoi market. The Europeans are working on one, the AMSAR, which will go in Typhoons, probably the Rafale, and whatever else. Phazotron (Russia) has developed one that was targeted for the Pak-fa, but it's future is still in question due to funding.
            I really hope that InAF goes after the Elta AESA radars. Why does US have 5 different AESA radars for the planes? Would it be easier and save on costs if all the planes are standardized on one or two types of AESA?

Comment

Well, all of the AC have different size fuselages, and you want the biggest antenna you can fit. The APG63 and APG68 are first generation AESA, and based on previous versions of those radars- the APG77, 79, and 81 are second gen, and use common components. The JSF radar is based on the F-22's, it just has fewer elements and no side arrays, 1500 elements rather than 2200.

I think the EL/M 2052 will prove to be a very good radar.

Comment

Well, all of the AC have different size fuselages, and you want the biggest antenna you can fit. The APG63 and APG68 are first generation AESA, and based on previous versions of those radars- the APG77, 79, and 81 are second gen, and use common components. The JSF radar is based on the F-22's, it just has fewer elements and no side arrays, 1500 elements rather than 2200.

I think the EL/M 2052 will prove to be a very good radar.
                I don't understand how the USAF number the AESA. It seems to move all over without giving a coherent pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster
                  I really hope that InAF goes after the Elta AESA radars. Why does US have 5 different AESA radars for the planes? Would it be easier and save on costs if all the planes are standardized on one or two types of AESA?

Does anyone know if the indian airforce is pursuing this radar that Israel made. It would be a really good idea and they already are getting quite a few things from Israel because their technology is really good.

Comment

Phazotron (Russia) has developed one that was targeted for the Pak-fa, but it's future is still in question due to funding.
                    yo, do you still know where my link regarding Russia develpoing AESA radar is? because i can't find it, maybe you can you havea n article that you know of, if you do, can you please send it to me
                    for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

• Originally posted by highsea
                      Phazotron (Russia) has developed one that was targeted for the Pak-fa, but it's future is still in question due to funding.
                      yo, do you still know where my link regarding Russia develpoing AESA radar is? because i can't find it, maybe you can you havea n article that you know of, if you do, can you please send it to me

wow, imagine a Su-30MKI with an AESA radar
                      for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

• Russian radars:

http://defblog_ravio.rediffblogs.com...o_archive.html

Comment

• Damn, i never even realized the APG-68(V)9 was an AESA set...or is that the Block60 only radar?

Comment

• Oops! I think you are right, Snipe- the APG68(v)9 is not AESA- my bad. The APG80 is, that is the radar in the Block 60's.

Comment

Working...
                            X