Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got news and data for the JSF / F35?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highsea
    The lift fan was considered to be superior to the direct lift system used by Boeing, for various reasons. In the conventional versions, the space that the fan occupies in the "B" variant can be used for fuel, future weapons, EW, etc. It was considered more versatile.
    It also did not help that the boeing X32 prototype would have required massive restructuring and probably would have looked or been nothing like the production version.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran empire
      ... and probably would have looked or been nothing like the production version.
      That would have been a blessing.
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

That would have been a blessing.
        Hmmmm A10 is a Beauty queen by comparison. It looked like it was going too "Eat any one in its way, i think thats why so many people liked it, It was begging too have Shark Teeth. but from the Projections it would still have been ugly.

Comment

My bad! I had already left by the time MD and Boeing merged- you're right, the X-32 used a direct lift design similar to the AV-8B. I got confused!!

Lol, even though my loyalties lie with Boeing, I really hated the X-32. It was one of the absolutely ugliest AC ever designed...barf!

Yea, even we called it "The Monica" or "The Lewinski" because all it did was suck and blow!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            Got any pix of the McDonnel entry bro?
            I'll see if I can dig one up.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              Got any pix of the McDonnel entry bro?
              These are all I can find right now.....
              Attached Files

Comment

Sharp looking bird.

Comment