Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US offers latest F-16s, P3C Orion variants to India.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
    What we still dont know is who will be on which side of the cold war.

Countries teaming up will win. Overconfidence will be of no use.

Remember Germany tried to invade all countries thinking of ruling world. Well it couldnt but Made USA a power. Russia broke in pieces.

It should not happen again.

All should move forward to explore Universe .

Earth is too smals to fight on.

Comments.....???

Comment

true, we should wait for the future to fight, because no, we need at minimum peace to preserve the fragile balance that is our earth, but then again, not true, because it will take at the very least 105 years for humasn to inhabit either the moon or Mars

therefore, there will inevitably be wars fought here
      for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Originally posted by Dima
        true, we should wait for the future to fight, because no, we need at minimum peace to preserve the fragile balance that is our earth, but then again, not true, because it will take at the very least 105 years for humasn to inhabit either the moon or Mars

therefore, there will inevitably be wars fought here

Fight will go on. No one can stop them.

But hope there are not big wars .

How many bombs do we require to destry earth...???

World has enough bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by my favorite bumper sticker
          Earth First We will strip mine the other planets Later
          Who's taken bets on the Europa Io Wars?

As long as there are people there will be Wars. My uncle was a wise man and he used too tell me some thing. He used too say.
          Originally posted by my late uncle Bob
          little Terran when the end of the world comes there will be two people left. one will have some thing the other will want. and the other is going too make the "one's" life miserable till he gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran empire
            Who's taken bets on the Europa Io Wars?

As long as there are people there will be Wars. My uncle was a wise man and he used too tell me some thing. He used too say.
            Nice ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
              What do you have to say about this now!

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/n...hp?newsid=1239

If the somehow(although unlikely, because India already has a much better fighter in SU-30MKI), the deal goes through, it would be a major diplomatic victory for India. So much for Pakistan buying the F-16s..
              I think that India or anybody else must be very very very cautious buying anything from US..... this country has many times used then dependence of such states to embargo whatever they don't like. Buying US equipement is only good if you want to line up into US allies which US understands as doing what they want without asking much questions.

How many times before US was closing up its arms market for India in the past when India refused to line up into US policy in the region? What will happen if US suddendly start pressing on you and close spareparts supply again? What happened to Venezuellas F-16 after its president demonstrated some independence from US view on what Latin American countries must do with US oil firms? Exactly - some of them already grounded without spareparts. How about Pakistan being embargoed until September 2001 bring the US need in Pakistan again? What about Europeans having large pressure that they have no right to sell arms to China and have american technologies at the same time. You buy US arms you play their rules!!!

Russian companies just selling their arms not their country's ambitions. US always uses arms traded as an instrument for policy. Be aware of that before taking this Troyan Hourse.....

Comment

I highly doubt that India is stupid enough to buy the f-16, only later to find out some form of the "pressler" ammendment being slapped on it! :)

Although I would love to see that happen!

Comment

"Well the technology demonstrators are ready and flying."

There is a vast, vast difference between a tech demonstrator and an actual usable military system.

Just ask the program managers of the RAH-66...

Comment

Originally posted by lulldapull
                    I highly doubt that India is stupid enough to buy the f-16, only later to find out some form of the "pressler" ammendment being slapped on it! :)

Although I would love to see that happen!
                    Look at Indonesia, Venezuella, Pakistan as good expamples of how US spare parts supply may shut down...

Compare it to Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Baltic Countries, Poland and Georgia... all those countries have demonstrated some level of hostility to Russia in early 2000-es. None of them have claimed spare parts supplies been shut for Russian fighters, helicopters and antimissile systems. They paid and got them.

F-16 look cool but not when grounded....

Comment

No F-16s for India, just read it in the papers yesterday. Just hype nothing else....

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Vastu
                        No F-16s for India, just read it in the papers yesterday. Just hype nothing else....
                        todays papers say a different story alltogether.

Comment

what do you mean, BTW, when are they starting the tender?
                          for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Working...
                          X