B-1B For Sale! One Owner! As Is, No Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-1B For Sale! One Owner! As Is, No Warranty

Here is the story about a B-1B bomber and practical joke involving a hardware store 'for sale' sign and great timing. It would have gone down in the annals of unsubstantiated aviation lore if it were not for a news reporter from the local paper and a long lens equipped camera.

The B-1B Bomber That Got Put Up 'For Sale,' As Is, No Warranty

Courtesy of Tyler Rogoway at Foxtrot Alpha
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

"I'm calling about the plane you have for sale."
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I don't know if they still do it, but a few years ago the U-2 community was all about putting For Sale signs on their planes, their equipment trailers, etc. I've got pictures somewhere. It was so bizarre some of them were taking pictures of the signs on the planes, printing them out, then hanging those on the planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        "I'm calling about the plane you have for sale."
        www.craigslist/usaf.com

Yea, and you must have the doh with you before a test ride. No free joy rides!

Oh, and for everybody who asked why I is selling:

My grandmuther retired and don't longer fly, I is going away to collage out of state and would need a roomyr plane for a growing family anyhows. Engines run strong, transmision gud, braks gud with 28" rims. She is the bomb. Can make mint condition with little money and I seen these sell for big bucks at B-J.

Oh, and if you clicked on the link I'd suggest keeping it to yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X