No announcement yet.

F-16 FALCON vs. MIG-29 FULCRUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot = Driver, as in "Eagle Driver", etc, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajaybhutani
      i was under an impression that russians are planning to give plasma stealth feature to mig29K to be procured by India. and even for upgrades.??Though i dont remember where i read it.
      As Sniper already quoted, and I have read at several other places, MIG29k is being rejected by every country it is being offered to. Then why are the Indian Armed Forces so keen on procuring this aircraft.?
      I think it is being procured for the Navy for its aircraft carriers. But India doesn't have any Aircraft Carriers at the moment. I think these are a part of the Gorshkov(spelling?) deal.
      Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

• "I think it is being procured for the Navy for its aircraft carriers. But India doesn't have any Aircraft Carriers at the moment. I think these are a part of the Gorshkov(spelling?) deal."

I'm probably wrong, because it's been months since i read anything about that carrier deal(and because i read far more than i can possibly retain), but weren't they Mig-29Ks?

EDIT TO ADD: Yep, google says they're K models.

Comment

• yes i m talking about the mig29K the naval variant for gorshkov

Comment

yes i m talking about the mig29K the naval variant for gorshkov
            can you quote any reason why only India seemed to have accepted MIG-29K.
            Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

• well primary reason is " we didnt have many options We had to buy russian fighter Aircraft for gorshkov( as otherwise we wont get gorshkov) and su33 dsnt fit on it Though the package shall contain the su30 MKI type avionics and TVC,.

Comment

well primary reason is " we didnt have many options We had to buy russian fighter Aircraft for gorshkov( as otherwise we wont get gorshkov) and su33 dsnt fit on it Though the package shall contain the su30 MKI type avionics and TVC,.
                Its like fitting a Maruti 800 with a Rolls Royce steering system.

Comment

• "can you quote any reason why only India seemed to have accepted MIG-29K."

Not very many nations buying Russian carriers...
                  To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• Originally posted by M21Sniper
                    'Wrong, I have an arms catalog regarding Rosoboronexport sales. The MiG-29SMT, which is equipped with the latest Russian Generation of Plasma stealth, will not be fielded outside the Russia airforce.'

Well your arms catalog is wrong cuz.

The Mig-29SMT has been offered to numerous countries.

Apparently, no one wants them...
                    This may be nitpicking but... wouldn't that make the arms catalog technically correct?

-SK

Comment

• Originally posted by SwingKid
                      This may be nitpicking but... wouldn't that make the arms catalog technically correct?

-SK
                      No its not technically correct. The manual implies that Russia wont be offering the aircraft to any other country. But actually it has been offered but no one wants it.

Not so much into research as much in nitpicking as you call it, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus
                        No its not technically correct. The manual implies that Russia wont be offering the aircraft to any other country.
                        No it doesn't. It says the aircraft won't be fielded outside Russia. In order for that to be incorrect, the aircraft would have to be fielded outside of Russia.

Whiere is it fielded outside of Russia Maximus? Which country?

Huh? Huh?

Not so much into research as much in nitpicking as you call it, huh?
                        I'm procrastinating. Research is hard work!

-SK

Comment

• "No it doesn't. It says the aircraft won't be fielded outside Russia. In order for that to be incorrect, the aircraft would have to be fielded outside of Russia. Whiere is it fielded outside of Russia Maximus? Which country?"

It seems it could be going to Yemen and Algeria. Two nations which have no other option for modern planes.

But the guy that orginally posted that whole crap about the Russians not wanting to export it is an idiot trying to make it sound special.
                          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• Originally posted by troung
                            It seems it could be going to Yemen and Algeria. Two nations which have no other option for modern planes.
                            Interest in "MiG-29SMT" for its ground attack capabilites, maybe. But "plasma stealth?" I think you have to be a little smarter than that to get into a hardware-buying position of authority in those countries.

-SK

Comment

• "Interest in "MiG-29SMT" for its ground attack capabilites, maybe."

Well at the very least it would be better then a MiG-29A/S/UB thats for sure...

"But "plasma stealth?" I think you have to be a little smarter than that to get into a hardware-buying position of authority in those countries."

;)

The whole point is the maybe "plasma stealth" is an under funded pipe dream that is talked about to hype up the systems. Or of course the fact "plasma stealth" is really going no where. So I doubt they looked online and said "hey it has "plasma stealth"!!! lets buy it!!!".

But of course being smart and being in a hardware buying position don't really mesh or go hand in hand either, so... ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus
                                Its like fitting a Maruti 800 with a Rolls Royce steering system.
                                As i said there were no options. Clearly its better to have a Maruti 800 rather than not having a car at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X