Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God-damn Chicken for Flankers! and that too infected chicken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God-damn Chicken for Flankers! and that too infected chicken!

Man when you think that you've had the last laugh with Russian economy, some one just dumps the mother load on ya!

This is hilarious! I mean how hungry are these russians??? they'd trade bird flu infected chicken in exchange for flankers!

Man I'd just god-damn die laughing if thailand pulls this one through! Get em all sick!

Thailand to buy Flankers with Chickens

Source: MosNews.com "Thailand, its huge poultry industry stricken by bird flu, wants to pay for Russian weaponry with chickens, the Reuters news agency quoted the country’s prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra as saying.

Thaksin said he had ordered his ambassador in Moscow to offer Thai chicken for Russian weapons and that he would consult with military chiefs on what arms they wanted.

“Our chicken exports have been hit by bird flu,” Thaksin told reporters on Tuesday. “When we can’t sell in our traditional markets, we need to penetrate new markets by bartering. We can’t leave all this chicken in Thailand.”

Thailand, the world’s fourth biggest chicken exporter until the industry was ravaged by bird flu early this year, has never exported poultry to Russia.

But with the European Union and Japan, its biggest customers, barring imports of Thai fresh and frozen chicken, it has been offering incentives like cheap credit to Asian countries willing to buy Thai poultry.

Thaksin gave no hint on whether warplanes were on his Moscow shopping list, but Russia’s Vedomosti business daily reported on Wednesday that Bangkok wanted to buy at least six Sukhoi Su-30s worth $200 million.

It quoted a source close to Russia’s arms trade authority as saying Thailand, which has equipped its air force with U.S. fighters, had sent a defence delegation to Russia recently to Irkut, which has a licence to produce the Su-30.

Another company making Su-30s is state-owned Sukhoi Corporation, Russia’s top arms exporter, which forecasts 2004 sales at $1.5 billion and plans to export 40 fighters.

Su-30s, together with MiGs, form the backbone of Russia’s arms trade and go mainly to Southeast Asia, where Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia have long been buyers."
    Last edited by lulldapull; 11 Dec 04,, 01:33.

So lets see! Six Su-30's for $200 million worth of frozen ( But infected) chicken???

But the question is that is Russia that stupid? or hungry?

Comment

I don't know, that thai chicken is pretty good. I think they need to throw in some rice and extra hot sauce though...

"We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Which is all well and good but ...

Most South East Asian cultures consider the "white meat" ie breast, fit only for soup. Certain large fast food franchises buy them up in bulk and ship 'em to the occident to create the 100% breast meat "whatever".

I suspect that the Russians simply found a transport route that gave them a better margin. Finger lickin' good. :)
        Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Chap, you're right on that. My younger brother got back from Dalian, China a few months ago. Being from the US, he had some difficulty with the cuisine. Since he was an "honored guest" of the company that he was doing work for, he had many adventures in the restaurants. i.e., he was always served first in the party, and never knew what the hell he was being fed. He said everything tasted vaguely like fish...

He had a chance to go to a KFC one day, so he was more than happy to eat some American food. They actually make you take a breast if you order two pieces of dark meat! He got along great with the KFC workers, because all he wanted was some white meat.
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Thank you HS! See, I'm not always full of shite and bad puns everyone
            Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Couldn't have Thailand gotten funds from another country and payed that to Russians?
              If You're Not Part of the Solution....You're Part of the Problem!

Comment

Well, I think that was the problem. According to the article, Thailand's largest customers, the EU and Japan, have barred the imports. So they're stuck with tons of frozen birds they can't get rid of.

Comment

Thats really funny, but I laughed even more when I heard of the US shoving down soya beans forcefully down Pakistans throat in exchange for the payment for the PAF F-16s that the US was not going to give

US asked Pakistan to buy soya bean oil and oilseed for the remaining $80 million and that too at exorbitant rates to finally end their F-16 settlement

Comment

Thai chicks would have done them justice. ;) :) ....
                    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

Thai chix are hot. :)

Comment

Originally posted by lulldapull
                        Man when you think that you've had the last laugh with Russian economy, some one just dumps the mother load on ya!
                        Yeah, there is some numbers that will make you laugh some more. ;)
                        There too.

Comment

Originally posted by lulldapull

This is hilarious! I mean how hungry are these russians??? they'd trade bird flu infected chicken in exchange for flankers!

Man I'd just god-damn die laughing if thailand pulls this one through! Get em all sick!

Thailand to buy Flankers with Chickens

Source: MosNews.com "Thailand, its huge poultry industry stricken by bird flu, wants to pay for Russian weaponry with chickens, the Reuters news agency quoted the country’s prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra as saying.

Thaksin said he had ordered his ambassador in Moscow to offer Thai chicken for Russian weapons and that he would consult with military chiefs on what arms they wanted.

“Our chicken exports have been hit by bird flu,” Thaksin told reporters on Tuesday. “When we can’t sell in our traditional markets, we need to penetrate new markets by bartering. We can’t leave all this chicken in Thailand.”

Thailand, the world’s fourth biggest chicken exporter until the industry was ravaged by bird flu early this year, has never exported poultry to Russia.

But with the European Union and Japan, its biggest customers, barring imports of Thai fresh and frozen chicken, it has been offering incentives like cheap credit to Asian countries willing to buy Thai poultry.

Thaksin gave no hint on whether warplanes were on his Moscow shopping list, but Russia’s Vedomosti business daily reported on Wednesday that Bangkok wanted to buy at least six Sukhoi Su-30s worth $200 million.

It quoted a source close to Russia’s arms trade authority as saying Thailand, which has equipped its air force with U.S. fighters, had sent a defence delegation to Russia recently to Irkut, which has a licence to produce the Su-30.

Another company making Su-30s is state-owned Sukhoi Corporation, Russia’s top arms exporter, which forecasts 2004 sales at $1.5 billion and plans to export 40 fighters.

Su-30s, together with MiGs, form the backbone of Russia’s arms trade and go mainly to Southeast Asia, where Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia have long been buyers."
                          Guys I really track each aerospace export cotract and that is why I know exactly what has happened.

Sukhoi never even considered Chicks from Thailand. It just participated in the tender for replacement of Thai fleet. And lost to Grippen..... because Sukhoi refused to take a meat instead of US dollars or reduce its price below $35 mark for a latest version... (Thais did not want older Su-27M at lower price). So now it is Sweeds who will think where to place so much chicken meat......

Not it is losing in Indonesia..... this country has signed contract but after Tsunami offers to pay to Sukho with palm oil instead of cash..... probably deal will fall appart again....

Comment

"This is hilarious! I mean how hungry are these russians??? they'd trade bird flu infected chicken in exchange for flankers!"

Does it matter? The stuff they trade can hurt us regardless of how it is bought.

"White cat or black cat why does it matter as long as cat catches mice?"-Deng Xiaopeng

Comment

Working...
                            X