No announcement yet.

Sukhoi PAK FA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the military aviation forum i was reading ,put f23 and f35 pics right next to the pac-fa it was striking how much the pak and f23 black widow resembled each other from some front shots,i even think the f35 looks pretty good next to it. havnt seen a rapter next to it yet "still waiting..prettier then the f22 rapter,i dont see it.also in the pak/f35 picture the f35 looks more stealthy to me ,underneath on the sides,top?as far as engines sticking out, stuff in the way.underneath.
    Last edited by biteasaur; 29 Jan 10,, 22:54.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post
      I am not an expert in aerodynamics.
      My first uneducated impression is not so hot. I would say 7 out of 10.
      Stealth and aerodynamics cancel each other by default, although serious advancements have been made after the Have Blue from which F-177 was made, F-22 is perfect example of new approach in calculating geometry so that it can be somewhat aerodynamic but still preserve required level of stealth.

Comment

^^^ Anything that goes Mach 2 in atmosphere is by definition aerodynamic. ;)

F119's TSFC is inline with legacy fighters, yet raptor is supersonic at MIL while the others aren't.

Kind of hard to call that un-aerodynamic.

The T-50 looks about what I expected, mix of Flanker and F-22 design elements. The forward and aft fuse shows the Flanker humps and bumps, and the chines and edge alignments are very raptor-esque to my eye. They appear to have skipped the rear aspect and nozzle treatments, but that may appear later when the actual engines show up. The radome is most likely just a filler piece, it will probably get bigger when it's time to put a radar inside

I'd like to see a front view to compare the vertical stab and intake alignments, but I would assume they weren't overlooked. Would also be nice to have some hi-res so we can look at panel treatments.

That's about all you can tell from pictures, no way to know what's underneath. All in all I'd say it's a pretty nice looking jet, typical Sukhoi.
        Last edited by highsea; 30 Jan 10,, 02:11.
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I'm not sure they're looking to match the F-22 ($$). The F-35 sounds a lot more logical.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
            Would also be nice to have some hi-res so we can look at panel treatments.
            call me the tooth fairy

Ú - Îáåùàåìûé â ïÿòîì ïîêîëåíèè

Comment

Sunny pictures are much better than cloudy ones:

Comment

highsea

We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

My vintage view at things just won't quit...:( It's kind of hard when you see the Mustang's aerodynamics, pure beauty of form lines, simply to fall in love with
                  Attached Files

Comment

higher resolution vid at sukhoi website.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by axeman View Post
                      I'm not sure they're looking to match the F-22 ($$). The F-35 sounds a lot more logical.
                      The T-50/PAK-FA is an air superiority fighter, so it won't be an exact analog to the F-35. Its niche is similar to the Raptor, but I can see the price being lower.

It's too early to say how stealthy it will be relative to other Western LO airframes.
                      USNA 2014?

Comment

f22/pak/fa

seen the pics finally of the raptor and pac/fa side by side,top views, seems to be a few similiarities,wings look similar ,some side ,cockpit views,f23 black widow pics similar too.one russian says it looks like a su27 crashed into a f23 and wallah"it looks like a f22/f23 mix to me..i dont see it overwhelming a rapter like alot are saying though,that thing is huge.i dont think its systems or radar will be any better then the raptor.

Comment

the more i look at it the more i believe its just another improved version of Su-27. A deep improvement, but not a totally new airframe. It makes sense regarding the finance and time constraint. But then its not as impressive as T-10 was before.

Comment

How many weapons bays does the PAK FA have? It looks like one long one, am i seeing right?

Comment

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
                              seen the pics finally of the raptor and pac/fa side by side,top views, seems to be a few similiarities,wings look similar ,some side ,cockpit views,f23 black widow pics similar too.one russian says it looks like a su27 crashed into a f23 and wallah"it looks like a f22/f23 mix to me..i dont see it overwhelming a rapter like alot are saying though,that thing is huge.i dont think its systems or radar will be any better then the raptor.
                              Well, you can't say that Su-27 owns F-15 easily and vice versa. I think, the same with PAK-FA vs. F-22 comparision.

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                              the more i look at it the more i believe its just another improved version of Su-27. A deep improvement, but not a totally new airframe. It makes sense regarding the finance and time constraint. But then its not as impressive as T-10 was before.
                              I think it's all about the integrated fuselage layout thing. Sukhoy claimed they tried to keep lift-to-drag ratio no less than Su-27's 10,6 points and succeeded. By the way, T-10 looked much dissimilar to Su-27:

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                              How many weapons bays does the PAK FA have? It looks like one long one, am i seeing right?
                              8 internal points and 8 external
                              Attached Files
                              We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

By the way, T-10 looked much dissimilar to Su-27
                                i guess it should be T-10S or something. Anyway, the point the from the 3rd gen to 4th gen (Su-27/30) there was a big leap. Not so much from 4th gen to this T-50, at least up to this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X