Sukhoi PAK FA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sukhoi PAK FA News

supposeddly makes its first taxi run,testing engines, down the knappko airstrip today or yesterday.only employees got to view,will probably finally see some pics soon.:)heard on two military aviation forums buzzing away about it.pics ,pics.they said full flight soon,merry christmas everyone.
    Last edited by biteasaur; 24 Dec 09,, 18:27.

Not sure what I got here from a Russian Website, but it a new photo with the camo.......wouldn't know if it is a T-50.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachmen...5&d=1261633854
    Last edited by Ararat; 25 Dec 09,, 06:15.
    Wolf Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Ararat View Post
      Not sure what I got here from a Russian Website, but it a new photo with the camo.......wouldn't know if it is a T-50.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachmen...5&d=1261633854
      Unless the T-50 is a civilian air liner, that bird is a Su-35.

Comment

Thanks for the ident. There still isn't much out there............I say it will end up looking very much like the YF-22 or something close. Both Mig and SU are working on T-50 I believe. Very cool

Here is another possibility I suppose.

Ṇ̃åëñ ̀àøèíû
        Wolf Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Ararat View Post
          Thanks for the ident. There still isn't much out there............I say it will end up looking very much like the YF-22 or something close. Both Mig and SU are working on T-50 I believe. Very cool

Here is another possibility I suppose.

Ṇ̃åëñ ̀àøèíû
          My opinion (which has zero credibility), it will look like a more conventional Mig-1.44/Su-47, something that looks like this

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...50pakfagn9.jpg

But its all speculation of course. A REAL Picture would be VERY helpful!

The link you gave me, shows an aircraft more of the mig sized, and not a heavy fighter.

Either way, I think the fighter will be something similar in attitude as the F-15SE with more maneuverability.

Comment

I say you you are right.
            I must admit though I can't wait to see it myself.........anticipation is taking its toll on some people out there as it seems. :)
            Wolf Hunter

Comment

Pak fa

My two cents, but only in Russian. See Đóññêîăî «Ïàêôàéåđà» åùå íạ̊, íî Çàïàä åăî óæå áîẹ̀ñÿ

Comment

most rumours ive heard say f23 black widow copy with a little f22 sukhoi/mig throwed in who knows,i bet we see something next month maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
                  most rumours ive heard say f23 black widow copy with a little f22 sukhoi/mig throwed in who knows,i bet we see something next month maybe.
                  The YF-23 lookalike sounded more like the JXX.

The majority of pictures that I've seen emphasized a F-22A like layout, possibly with LERX on the wings.

Comment

ok, sukhoi said first flight imminint" and happy new year.im grinding my teeth,im a big rapter fan.get it in the air already..:)

Comment

Few select quotes on recent developments on PAK-FA

The cost of developing the FGFA, which would be shared between both countries, will be $8-10 billion . Over and above that, say IAF and defence ministry sources, each FGFA will cost Rs 400-500 crore ($ 100 million) .
                      India has agreed to buy a mix of about 50 single-seat and 200 twin-seat aircraft. Russia, in turn, will consider buying more twin-seat aircraft to use as trainers.
                      Bangalore-based HAL has negotiated firmly to get a 25 per cent share of design and development work in the FGFA programme. HAL’s work share will include critical software, including the mission computer (the Su-30MKI mission computer is entirely Indian); navigation systems; most of the cockpit displays; the counter measure dispensing (CMD) systems; and modifying Sukhoi’s single-seat prototype into the twin-seat fighter that the Indian Air Force (IAF) wants.
                      India will also contribute its expertise in aircraft composites, developed while designing the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). Russia has traditionally built metallic aircraft; just 10 per cent of the Su-30MKI fuselage is titanium and composites. The FGFA’s fuselage, in contrast, will be 25 per cent titanium and 20 per cent composites. Russia’s expertise in titanium structures will be complemented by India’s experience in composites.
                      THE FIFTH GENERATION FIGHTER
                      Cost of development $8-10 billion
                      India's requirement 250 fighters
                      Russia's requirement 250 fighters
                      Cost per aircraft $100 million
                      Indian name FGFA
                      Russian name PAK FA
                      India, Russia close to PACT on next generation fighter
                      India to develop 25% of fifth generation fighter
                      Last edited by Lilo; 07 Jan 10,, 08:02.

Comment

news on sukhoi website,

can anybody speek russian , new news on the sukhoi website,i heard something about this sunday.....they said something along the lines of "the end of january for a flight and pictures by the media,is it gonna be a pumped up stealth flanker or realy something new.

Comment

A Flanker would have to be so extensively modified that it would be something totally different anyway.

Comment

If Lilo's article is correct, it's not too stealthy either, with an RCS 5 times larger than a Superbug or a Typhoon...
                            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Television crews were spotted at the plant yesterday. Something is definitely afoot.
                              Those who have seen the thing report that it’s wide, flattened out and unco.

Comment

Working...
                              X