Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History channel claiming Su-47 beats F-22?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also heard it has that capability. There are some weird sensor-looking things on the fullsize model they bring to airshows.

Comment

1 -> The language is brazilian portuguese. (im brazilian )

2-> its from the series "Fights of the future" (something like that).

Im going to try to translate what the video tells.

1-> The F22 are not waiting a ambush, the reason 1 raptor got down. it was sam launchs. I think if i remember this episode well they got some ground radars that can detect stealth jets.

2-> The SU-47 the history channel is using have Modern avionics, stealth, aesa radar and its a full 5º generation fighter.

They think some US enemys with a lot of money can help russia finish, upgrade and sell some of those fighters for them so they can counter-attack the US modern jets, and they think this will be a surprise when this happen.

For them, Russia dont have motivation or money, but they got the tecnology and they think a US Enemy can send the money and give a motivation to Russia. (Finish the jet for export sells and get some "free" top national jets with the money of others)

3-> The other raptor got the attention of 3 SU-34 and they used missiles with heat-seekers at close range to get him.

4-> The other 2 F22 escaped before they got the same fate.

OBS: The text in italic is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        I've also heard it has that capability. There are some weird sensor-looking things on the fullsize model they bring to airshows.
        Those could be optical sensors to determine the position of the helmet for target acquisition.

The Russians went with optics earlier, but the system wasn't as good as the electromagnetic one. But the last one had weight issues (one has to generate several fields and then record the force on the helmet).
        Guess they went with optics this time as well, and fixed the reliability issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sterrius View Post
          1 -> The language is brazilian portuguese. (im brazilian )

2-> its from the series "Fights of the future" (something like that).

Im going to try to translate what the video tells.

1-> The F22 are not waiting a ambush, the reason 1 raptor got down. it was sam launchs. I think if i remember this episode well they got some ground radars that can detect stealth jets.

2-> The SU-47 the history channel is using have Modern avionics, stealth, aesa radar and its a full 5º generation fighter.

They think some US enemys with a lot of money can help russia finish, upgrade and sell some of those fighters for them so they can counter-attack the US modern jets, and they think this will be a surprise when this happen.

For them, Russia dont have motivation or money, but they got the tecnology and they think a US Enemy can send the money and give a motivation to Russia. (Finish the jet for export sells and get some "free" top national jets with the money of others)

3-> The other raptor got the attention of 3 SU-34 and they used missiles with heat-seekers at close range to get him.

4-> The other 2 F22 escaped before they got the same fate.

OBS: The text in italic is my opinion.
          Why would the Russians think the US would give money?

Sounds like one of the strangest calculations I've ever heard.

Comment

That new generation helmet targeting device is very interesting I have seen it showing up on the web however finding anything detailing its actual capabilities is frustrating.

Comment

Why would the Russians think the US would give money?
              Sorry for bad english.

I was trying to say a Enemy of US will give the money, not the US ;)

Comment

A Russian Su-47 would have an extremely low chance of beating an F-22 in actual combat. Even with its backwards shooting missiles and radar, what good are those if the f-22 cannot be detected on radar. Plus I doubt that the Su-47 is actually more maneuverable because the f-22 has the most modern thrust vectoring around. The Su-47 also has less wing area, which would cause it to lose energy in a dogfight, much like almost every other Russian fighter. On top of all that, American avionix is far more advanced than any Russian targeting and controls. In a battle, the F-22 wouldn't even have to try.

Comment

Thank you.

We did not know that.

Comment

Oh what the hell.

Comment

• No. Just...No.
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                      X