Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-15C vs. Su-30MKI

F-15 VS Su-30

Pilots of equal skill, both most modern versions, no support, both WVR and BVR.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Including foreign models?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

F-15C in air combat. The F-15Cs in Alaska have an AESA radar, the AIM-120C-5 and are getting the AIM-9X all of which outclass the Su-30MKIs equipement.

For air to ground the Su-30MKI is better, remember "not a pound for air to ground".
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
        Including foreign models?
        All models.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

The SU-30MI is LOTS more agile than any of the Eagles except the F-15ACTIVE(Which would fly rings around the SU).

Comment

The F-15I is on the same level, if not better, than the F-15E in A2G, and is on the same level in A2A. The F-15I just got the upgrade to the Python V IR missile. I don't know how the F-15I compares to the Su-30, but I think the F-15I will come out on top.
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I find it hard to believe the F-15I is as good as the F-15E when it comes to air to ground. The F-15E is a vastly different plane than the F-15C It is a larger plane and has much larger engines to carry much larger loads.

BTW, the F-15 Active was never tested with munitions IIRC. It was purely a test vehicle for 2D and 3D thrust vector engines...

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Pho...IVE/index.html

Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
              (Been There)

Comment

The F-15I is very similar to the Strike Eagle. And since the IAF only buys multi-purpose fighters, they invest alot in the A2G.

Comment

The F-15I is a modified F-15C.

It is NOT an F-15E variant. The F-15E has extensive internal reinforcements to allow for the carrainge of the max 24,500lb bombload.

Sorry BR.

Comment

"The F-15I is on the same level, if not better, than the F-15E in A2G, and is on the same level in A2A. The F-15I just got the upgrade to the Python V IR missile. I don't know how the F-15I compares to the Su-30, but I think the F-15I will come out on top."

So you don't know how they compare but you think the one your nation flies is better then the other?

Anyways.........

Su-30MKI
                    N-011M
                    1*30mm 150 RPG
                    R-77E 31 miles
                    R-73E 12 miles

F-15C (AESA)
                    APG-63 (V) 1
                    1*20mm vulcan 540 RPG
                    AIM-120C-5 46 miles
                    AIM-9X >10 miles

I'll take the AESA carrying F-15s.

The F-15K would out fight and out strike the Su-30MKI/MKK. The F-15K has an AESA radar, AIM-120C-5, AIM-9X, SLAM-ER, HARM, HARPOON, AGM-130, Popeye, JDAM and Maverick its far better then any current F-15 though the F-15Es of the USAF are to be brought up to this model.

Of course one on one fights never happen anymore in the civilazed world.......
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Sniper, are you sure? I was pretty sure that the F-15I was a varient of the F-15E. Thats the impression I get from FAS anyways...

"F-15I Thunder
                      The two seat F-15I, known as the Thunder in Israel, incorporates new and unique weapons, avionics, electronic warfare, and communications capabilities that make it one of the most advanced F-15s. The F-15I, like the US Air Force's F-15E Strike Eagle, is a dual-role fighter that combines long-range interdiction with the Eagle's air superiority capabilities."

Anyways, I agree the ACTIVE could beat the Su-30 but that other varients could not.

Has there ever been a battle between comparably modern F-15s and Su-30s?

Comment

Oh this is all irrelivent, because the F/A-22 had a kill to death ratio against the Su-30/Su-35 of 12 to 1 in US and British Test.

The Kill to death ration for an F-15C against an Su-30 is 1:2.

Comment

Yup, i agree Praxus.

As to the F-15I, the F-15E wasn't even envisiged when Israel bought the F-15. The I is really a heavilly modified F-15A.

I could be wrong, but i'm pretty darned sure.

Comment

"A dual-role long range fighter for attack and interception. The plane - the best of its type in the Middle Eastern arena - entered service in January of 1998, and is the IAF's lead plane. The Ra'am is a special version of the F-15E Strike Eagle that was designed specifically for Israel by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing). Its tremendous payload capacity, combined with its advanced systems, enable it to carry out depth attacks with a large weapons load, at long ranges, at low altitude, in all hours of the day and night and in any weather conditions. "

"In January of 1994 the F-15E was chosen as the IAF's fighter of the future"

http://www.iaf.co.il/iaf/doa_iis.dll/Serve/item/English/1.3.3.6.6.1.html

"The first production model of the F-15E was delivered to the 405th Tactical Training Wing, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz., in April 1988."

http://www.af.mil/news/factsheets/F_15E_Strike_Eagle.html

Comment

So you don't know how they compare but you think the one your nation flies is better then the other?
                              Yeah, if only because of past history proving the F-15I to be a kick a$$ plane...

Comment

Working...
                              X