Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenMac
    replied
    The latest Apache's seem to have the edge in electronics & slightly more advanced ground missiles, but the Kamov KA-50/52's seem to be the more capable platform in speed & manouverability.

The Russian attack helicopter doctrine that seems to shaping up will be interesting.
    KA-50's for scout/attack.
    KA-52's for command/attack.
    Mil-28N's for straight heavy gunships.

From the way numbers are shaping up in orders, I'm guessing 2 Ka-50's & 1 KA-52 to 6 Mil-28N's.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
    well i guess i need to ask for your humble forgiveness,i got the 2 mixed up.
    No problem. I was referring to the Tu-22 "Blinder" anyway, not the Tu-22M "Backfire".

Leave a comment:

• Andrey Egorov
    replied
    Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    But is it a good looking gate?
    yeah, and painted Khokhloma all the way from nose tip to the tail :))

Actually, both of them failed their statements, since most of Antonov's airplanes are pretty ugly(though most of them damn impressive) but mighty freighters and Tupolev's graceful birds (Tu22M1-2-3 falls off as gracefull) were always short on engine power. A grin of fortune...

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
    Oleg Antonov used to say: "Ugly airplane won't fly". Andrey Tupolev opposed: "With good engine even the gate will fly". :)
    But is it a good looking gate?

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
    Oleg Antonov used to say: "Ugly airplane won't fly". Andrey Tupolev opposed: "With good engine even the gate will fly". :)

Leave a comment:

• Andrey Egorov
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biteasaur
    replied

well i guess i need to ask for your humble forgiveness,i got the 2 mixed up.

Leave a comment:

• tu160mblackjack
    replied
    The Tu-160 is the "white swan" not Tu-22. And Hunter said "except" the Tu-22.

Leave a comment:

• biteasaur
    replied

anybody have any pics of the chinese attack helo,also the b1 bomber looks better then the white swan tu22,its just sleeker looking.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Russian aircraft generally look good. Except the Tu-22.

Leave a comment:

• Super Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
    the apachee looks way meaner then the russian,the russian helo looks like a civilian beechcraft or cesna with stubs and rotors,to plain.
    True it does, but it is uglier then this. It very sexy and smooth. I bet if it had the same weapons and other equipments like the apachee it would be better. There are few weapons that look good and this KA-52 is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• biteasaur
    replied
    my opinion

the apachee looks way meaner then the russian,the russian helo looks like a civilian beechcraft or cesna with stubs and rotors,to plain.

Leave a comment:

• chakos
    replied
    See i would consider the Kirov to be the exception to the rule. It is a gorgeous warship. But look at the Sovromenny, the Moskva (vomits), the older Kara and Kresta class cruisers. All hideous looking warships.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by chakos View Post
    Funny thing with Russian wares. Their armored vehicles, warships and the rest or generally very utilitarian and quite ugly but they sure build their birds pretty.
    Not so! At least, not in my opinion.

Soviet warships have almost always had a grace and style all their own. The Kirov-class being the epitome of that.

And while I wholeheartedly agree that their aircraft are, on the whole, extremely easy on the eyes (Blackjack and Backfire especially), there's always a clunker or two: Mi-28 Havoc. Talk about a 3-bagger :(

(Also the Helix and Hormone, compact but butt-ugly!)

Leave a comment:

• chakos
    replied
    I thought exactly the same thing. Australia should buy some simply cause of how good they look. The Tiger looks so gangly, cheaply made and unwieldly by comparison.

Funny thing with Russian wares. Their armored vehicles, warships and the rest or generally very utilitarian and quite ugly but they sure build their birds pretty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X