No announcement yet.

Most Adv. Attack Heli, KA-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And still no answer to my question. Given the recent tragedy involving a Lynx in the UK, I ask; whirlybird vs. powerlines.

Try all that pop up NOE stuff in terrain with infrastructure
    Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

why are we only talking about Apaches?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Hitler
        Indian Air Force Hinds do extremely well straffing enemy Pakistani troop positions along the Indo-Pak borders. They've removed entire enemy bunkers off the PoK map. Nothings ever heard of the PAF Cobras though....
        India has never used the Mi-24/35 against Pakistani bunkers in POK. The only helos ever used recently were the Mi-17s modified for firing anti-tank rockets in the Kargil conflict (one one the was shot down by a Pakistani stinger). Like wise the Pakistanis have never used the Cobras against the Indians.

A Mi-17 firing A2G.

Originally posted by Mr-Hitler
        See the pods nearest to the main fuselage, under the stub win pylons? Those could be Chemical/Biological Weapons, to deploy/release poisonous gas, etc. :
        Those would be extra fuel tanks. Indians don't cater to chemical/bio weapons. The Hind is a heavy helo with a lot of armour and weapons, hence the requirement for extra fuel.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

The only helos ever used recently were the Mi-17s modified for firing anti-tank rockets in the Kargil conflict (one one the was shot down by a Pakistani stinger).
          It was shot up because it did not have flares as the other ones had.

The HIND may look menacing, but they are lumbering helicopters.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            The HIND may look menacing, but they are lumbering helicopters.
            Yes sir, speed and agility have be sacrificed for firepower and armour. If the Afghanistan reports are to be belived about the Hind, it means that it is immune (to a large extent) to small arms.

What is your opinion sir, if given night vision capability and used extensively during night fob anti armour operations/ground support, the HIND would really suit its purpose and be more effective.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
              Yes sir, speed and agility
              not true,

the Hind is considered 2 b the fastest helo in the world. it can fly at 335 kmph

Comment

Mr. Hitler,
                post an article plz on how hind shot down f14 in libya

Comment

Originally posted by Injecteer
                  not true,

the Hind is considered 2 b the fastest helo in the world. it can fly at 335 kmph
                  Sad but true the Hind D is the fastest Attack helicopter in the world but it handles like a pig and is way over built... it is also showing it's age. as for the Ka 50 it has a new Ejection System..... i would hate to test that system out.....

Comment

How do the Ka-50 and Mi-28 Havoc compare? I think the Havoc is one of the coolest looking helocopters since the Commanche. I've also seen the Havoc with a ball on top that I would assume has a radar in it like the Longbow. However, I think for helos, IR sensors are more important anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
                      How do the Ka-50 and Mi-28 Havoc compare? I think the Havoc is one of the coolest looking helocopters since the Commanche. I've also seen the Havoc with a ball on top that I would assume has a radar in it like the Longbow. However, I think for helos, IR sensors are more important anyway.
                      the Havoc you have got too love that name
                      http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi28/

Comment

Originally posted by Terran empire
                        but it handles like a pig and is way over built... it is also showing it's age.
                        Actually it was not designed as an attack helo, like Ka50 or AH1. attack helos cant cary troops ABout the age -- right.

Originally posted by Terran empire
                        as for the Ka 50 it has a new Ejection System..... i would hate to test that system out.....
                        I doubt, that U would love to test any other ejection system It's no fun, but saves ur ass!

Comment

2 barrowaj
                          >>I've also seen the Havoc with a ball on top that I would assume has a radar in it like the Longbow.

rite, but that radar can be attached to any helo, including civilian ones, so it's not an exclusive feature of the Longbow.

Comment

Actually it was not designed as an attack helo, like Ka50 or AH1. attack helos cant cary troops ABout the age -- right.
                            Thanks for the info about the speed. I did'nt know that it was that fast. Then I think it's troop carrying capacity makes it less manuverable than other attack hepters.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

2 barrowaj
                              >>I've also seen the Havoc with a ball on top that I would assume has a radar in it like the Longbow.
                              rite, but that radar can be attached to any helo, including civilian ones, so it's not an exclusive feature of the Longbow.
                              According to the website its a millimetric wave radar for guiding missiles.
                              http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi28/mi287.html

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

2lemontree:

in theory U can put there anythin, that fits ball's size :)

Comment

Working...
                                X