X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    Originally posted by valken56 View Post

I know this is not a tricky question........the type and unit will be easy for everyone, but
    when I saw the pic first, I did ask, why is the diameter of the engine so important for the exercise............Now that is the tricky part of the question.
    I have to add that the aircraft was deployed to a USAFE base in Germany for an exercise.........
    In the pic they are inspecting the nozzle apparatus that can rotate down to a smaller diameter exhaust. This builds up greater pressure and gives more thrust. But can be a fuel hog.

Then it REALLY gives thrust when the after burner is lit off inside burning up any unburnt or extra fuel in the chamber.

After using it for take off (if need be on a short runway) it is only used when iyou want to get out of the way of an incoming REAL fast or catch up to the bad guy real fast as it actually burns a lot of fuel.

Leave a comment:

• valken56
    replied

I know this is not a tricky question........the type and unit will be easy for everyone, but
    when I saw the pic first, I did ask, why is the diameter of the engine so important for the exercise............Now that is the tricky part of the question.
    I have to add that the aircraft was deployed to a USAFE base in Germany for an exercise.........

Leave a comment:

• junoth1001
    replied
    Give that man a cigar! Your question.

Leave a comment:

• valken56
    replied
    a pe8

Leave a comment:

• junoth1001
    replied
    Close but no banana!

Leave a comment:

• valken56
    replied
    this is an easy one if I am right:
    Tupolev TB7

Leave a comment:

• junoth1001
    replied
    What delightful aircraft is this?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• valken56
    replied
    The aircraft are:
    Gloster Meteor T7
    Republic F84G Thunderjet
    Canadair Sabre
    de Havilland Dove
    Airspeed Oxford
    The Dove ,Sabre and Meteor are RAF aircraft, the F84G and Oxford are Belgian Air Force.

Leave a comment:

• junoth1001
    replied
    I can see an F84, F86 meteor T7, Airspeed oxford and a DH Dove, the wing tank is from a Venom. the one next to the Meteor, I do not recognise, but it appears to be familar

I also see a SWO's bike parked up!

Leave a comment:

• Maxor
    replied
    theres also two somethings on approach that who knows what they are with the resolution and focus on them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X